I've been whining a lot lately, haven't I? Sorry.

I've been meaning to post this for over a month but held back for whatever reasons.

After being married to an executive for 10 years, I've decided I'm just not good corporate wife material. Reasons:

1.) I'm not a snob. I don't think just because someone within the company has a lower job, they should be treated differently from those who do.

2.) I don't care if someone is the president of Revlon, Loreal, or Walgreens, I treat them the same as the janitor.

3.) I'd like to believe people are my friends because they like me, not my husband's position. It just doesn't work that way.

4.) I'm not the type of woman who sits there quietly and smiles or nods. I'm vocally active, have fun and enjoy a good conversation. I don't argue with people but listen to them and give my viewpoint in a ladylike way.

5.) I don't care if someone is with a company who is a competitor of my husband's. If I like them, I like them. I can't not like someone because they compete.

I've tried girls. I really have. I just can't take all the BS that goes with this territory. It's phoney, backstabbing, surreal and it isn't in my nature to be that way.

I faced so many disappointments with this last conference we attended. It broke my heart. One woman, who I thought was a good friend, her husband was promoted to this huge position and while we used to do things together, she acted like she was a distant friend. My husband explained that she was setting up her own kingdom and that's just how it works in the corparate world. [Confused]

[ June 22, 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Dianne ]