I cut my right thumb....just a little tiny 1/4 inch cut about a week and a half ago...have no idea how but with all I do I often get cuts and scratches. So this one was no different...neosporin and a bandaid. Yesterday morning this little cut that seemed to be healing finally doubled my thumb in size, was bright red and very, very painful. I went to work where several nurses and a doc examined it and tried all kinds of things. After about 3 hours at the hospice, I had an angry hot, red line all the way to my elbow. Long story short....I went to the doctor's office, had a fever and had the thing lanced and two of the most painful injections in my butt that I ever had! I was advised to go home for the day and stay out today and possibly tomorrow. I have pill form antibiotics that keep me running to the bathroom and I can't get my hand wet. The red line is barely visible, so things are slowly improving. The doctor is having a sample cultured to make sure there are no "bugs" going on. With all that I come into contact with in my work it's a little scary, to say the least....although I'm extremely careful. Just a reminder to be very careful of seemingly small scratches and cuts. My doctor said that had I waited until this morning she would have admitted me to the hospital. Just another thing happening in my already weird life! Sepsis can result and can kill you. It killed my big brother and I've always been wary of anything like that. Okay, my whine is over....but always stay safe and treat things seriously even if they seem small!