The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#159739 - 09/13/08 08:12 PM Help with Avatar?
BarbWilber Offline

Loc: Northern California
Hi - my avatar won't upload properly. I either get a message that it's the wrong file format or that it isn't able to load it properly. Here's what I've done so far.... my pic is my logo - not a photo - but it is a jpeg, square and 80 x 80 pixels.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.... Barb

#159740 - 09/13/08 08:24 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: BarbWilber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm not sure, but someone will be on here soon who can help. Welcome and keep posting. One of the women will be able to help you with your avatar shortly.

#159742 - 09/13/08 08:44 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wish I knew but Dancing Dolphin is the expert that keeps me up to speed on technical stuff. She should turn up soon and can help, although the weekends can be rather quiet here.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159747 - 09/13/08 09:28 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hi Barb and welcome to the forums. Here are the instructions given for adding an avatar beneath your name. Is this what you followed? Is the picture, logo, whatever, ONLINE? I'm assuming it is since it is on your Web site, right? Read and below and if it still doesn't work for you, email me the logo pic and I'll add it for you.

Ladies, I'm adding yet another post here (don't shoot me) that will help anyone who needs to know how to get their picture posted above their name. Lots of people would like for others to see them and get to know them better, thus, they would like their pic here for all to see. Some like cute images, others have chosen the stock avatar's that come with this forum. But....for those wanting to add a pic of their chosing, here are the instructions!

Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to get your picture in the forums. I'm referring to having it appear on the left-hand side of the page with your name each time you post. It will be your avatar of choice.

1. Go to the forums---at the top you'll see this menu:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Control Panel ~ Forum List ~ My Stuff ~ User List ~ Calendar ~ Active Topics ~ Search ~ FAQ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Select MY STUFF.

3. From that menu, select PROFILE.

4. Once in the PROFILE page, scroll down to near the bottom until you see "Select the radio button next to the option you are using to change your image."

Within that section, click in the button that says, "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .GIF, .JPG, .png accepted)"

5. Put in the address, or URL of your picture. It must reside on the Internet somewhere. It cannot be a picture on your computer. It must have an address that begins with "http"

6. The picture can only be the size of 80x80 pixels as stated above.

7. Once you have entered the address, or URL, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.

#159761 - 09/13/08 10:05 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ you are such a treasure...I mmean that sincerely!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159786 - 09/14/08 04:35 AM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: chatty lady]
BarbWilber Offline

Loc: Northern California
Thanks JJ and all you ladies - I did follow those instructions already and it won't post. JJ I'll send you my image and if you could upload it that would be fantastic. Thanks!!

#159808 - 09/14/08 12:57 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: BarbWilber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I will be happy to, just email me the pic.

#159818 - 09/14/08 04:22 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You're darling avatar is there now. Isn't that just the cutest thing!

#159821 - 09/14/08 04:45 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Love the avatar. I change mine every now and then. I get bored with the same one.

#159822 - 09/14/08 04:48 PM Re: Help with Avatar? [Re: chickadee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chick! You've finally cracked!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved