The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#65072 - 02/25/05 07:45 PM The Beatles?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There's a group coming to town that impersonates them. We're going! I can't wait. I feel younger at heart already.

Email me if you live in the Baltimore area and want to know more. It should be a blast! [Big Grin]

#65073 - 02/25/05 11:41 PM Re: The Beatles?
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
Dotsie,
Several years ago a group came to my hometown that included a couple of the Monkee's and a couple of stand-ins. I loved it, felt just like a teenager again. I jumped up and danced to "Last Train to Clarksville!" I had a poster of Davy Jones when I was in Junior High and was "in-love"! You will enjoy yourself. I know I did.

#65074 - 02/26/05 12:09 PM Re: The Beatles?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
A saw a Beatles group here. I'm trying to remember their name!

#65075 - 02/27/05 01:19 AM Re: The Beatles?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I never could figure out why all the hullah-baloo over the Beatles, still can't! Of course I'm a Motown kinda gal.... [Big Grin]

#65076 - 02/28/05 08:03 AM Re: The Beatles?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, my older sister was also a Motown girl. I still remember my sisters and I all jazzed up and pretending to be the Supremes. We were all decked out in our new clothes. It was during the Christmas holidays. She must have gotten a new album.

I just got back from a walk down memory lane. We saw the Beatles (The Mahoney Brothers) in concert last night. Oh to be a kid again! It was a sell out. The theater was a mix of young and younger. [Razz] We gave the younger kids a run for their money. WE knew ALL the words and MOVES from the good old days.

Chatty, I love the peace and love lyrics from their original hits, prior to the the Sergeant Pepper days.

If I Fell
Hard Day's Night
Tell Me Why
I Should Have Known Better
I'm Hapyy Just To Be With You

Are you singing yet?

Dance With You
And I Love Her
Tell Me Why
I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Can't Buy Me Love
You Can't Do That
Drive My Car
Nowhere Man
Michelle

Bringing back memories?

#65077 - 02/28/05 08:57 AM Re: The Beatles?
Looking Up Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Oh yes, Dotsie ... it sure does bring back memories. I loved the Beatles and Motown too. As a young girl in NYC we used to go the the Murray the K shows. We would get up in the wee hours to travel and stand on line for hours. The line-up of celebrities was unbelievable with the Righteous Brothers, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, the Four Tops, the Ronettes (sp?), etc. The list goes on and on. To think we could see all of these entertainers (usually 10-12) in one place and at one show! That's unheard of in these days. Then, when the show was over, we would hop down to better seats and see another show. We spent the entire day there!

Such wonderful memories. I just never did see the Beatles though. [Frown] But, oh I had fun!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved