The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65078 - 02/27/05 04:36 AM Bob Dylan
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. I read Bob Dylan's Memoir "Chronicles." I was interested in his point of view of his life versus the media's point of view, and there is a definite difference. For example, Dylan says he never set out to be the "Conscience of America" because that was way too much responsiblity. He just wanted to write music and lyrics. Throughout the book, he says what was most important to him was his wife of all these years and his 5 kids, how happy he will be to be a grandfather (now he is) and how he loves gardening! I always bought into the media's message that he wrote to bring attention to social issues, which Dylan's says is true, but mostly he wrote out of observation and imagination. He calls attention to some rough spots in his career, when the insight and intuition left him high and dry. The book is stream of consciousness style, with many a bad grammar, but heck, he has an honorary doctorate, and he's Dylan, so who cares. I was surprised to see how many others recorded his songs, like Peter, Paul, & Mary. Good read. Love & Light, Lynn

#65079 - 03/22/05 08:10 AM Re: Bob Dylan
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My friend is reading it now and said I could borrow it when hes finished. It amazes me how some of these OLD rock stars are still going strong, slower but strong.... [Big Grin]

#65080 - 03/22/05 07:55 PM Re: Bob Dylan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I love him!!!!!!!

#65081 - 03/22/05 11:07 PM Re: Bob Dylan
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
Folk was my first love when I started to pay attention to music. Peter, Paul and Mary sang a great many songwriters who would finally get some recognition because of their music. They made folk mainstream again during the folk revival.Bob Dylan is covered by so many singers there is no room to list them all. You would be amazed at the singers who do Dylan, even Cher, Johhny Cash.I could go on and on-I love him too!!

#65082 - 03/23/05 04:03 AM Re: Bob Dylan
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I saw Dylan a few years ago, as well as many years ago. It seems he only has about two notes left in his voice! I love the lyric of one of his recent songs that says "I used to care but things have changed." That's just soooo Dylan. But what's up with that Victoria Secret ad? Do you think he's trying to attract a younger audience?

#65083 - 03/23/05 04:09 AM Re: Bob Dylan
Kat Offline

Loc: Cape Cod Massachusetts
When I hear any ad using the music I grew up with, I cringe. Music shouldn't be to shill anything, especially Victoria Secret. Wanting a younger audience could be the reason or just money.

[ March 22, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Kat ]

#65084 - 03/23/05 07:06 PM Re: Bob Dylan
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dj, or do you htink Victoria Secret is working on the boomers?

I read everything I can get my hands on about boomers. There is a huge move to advertise to us because we are the wealthiest and largest segment of society. Keep your eyes peeled for more advertising to baby boomers.

#65085 - 03/24/05 08:18 AM Re: Bob Dylan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I can't say seeing Dylan in the Victoria Secret commercials made me go out and buy their underwear. Geesh. Their panties are made for skinny midgets!

#65086 - 03/24/05 08:42 AM Re: Bob Dylan
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wonder who buys those Victoria things. I love sexy underwear, but even when I was young and thin, her stuff never seemed to fit.
I like underwear that is irrestible to a guy, but can be ignored by me. Unless some super hunk (like Dan) is removing it, I don't want to know it's even there.
Not Victoria. She must enjoy being strangled by her panties and throttled by her bras. All her stuff binds and gags.
But then a lot of things bind at this age.
smile

#65087 - 03/23/05 10:07 PM Re: Bob Dylan
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Actually, Victoria is a he. Les Wexner. He owns half the stores in every mall. Maybe that's why the underwear doesn't fit!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved