The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 72 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#149360 - 05/25/08 10:33 AM I Love Lucy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw about ten minutes of I Love Lucy last night and two things struck me. Married people slept in separate beds, and a guy delivered groceries in a box and it cost $3.85. Now, the tip for someone to deliver your groceries is more than that.

#149361 - 05/25/08 12:16 PM Re: I Love Lucy
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I caught some of the show last night too! I loved that show when I was little. Life seemed so simple then. Funny your mentioning groceries being delivered. Does anyone remember the milkman or better yet, house calls by doctors?

#149362 - 05/25/08 01:57 PM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: hotflashgal]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Yup, the milkman came to our house with his little crate full of glass bottles. Honestly, though, I don't remember ever actually seeing him. He must have come very early, or maybe I was too young to notice or care.

K

#149363 - 05/25/08 05:44 PM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As hooky as it is in todays world, I still adore I Love Lucy and watch it when I want to feel good...and just laugh!

Dotsie the separate beds were because the censors would never allow showing people in the same bed. Those were the days of FAMILY TV... Not like todays filth...

Edited by chatty lady (05/25/08 05:45 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149364 - 05/25/08 09:22 PM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I have seen all the LUCYS a gazillion times. When I was growing up in Vancouver the milkman and the meatman delivered. All the kids followed the ice man in summer and scored chucks of ice. Our doctor made house calls, too. Those were the days and I'm so glad I have the memories.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#149365 - 05/25/08 09:56 PM Re: I Love Lucy
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I watch it as often as I can. I watch 3 or 4 episodes on the way to Disney as we always go on a Saturday and we travel JetBlue with the little tv's. I saw that one yesterday. I was babysitting Katie and we watched a few episodes together. She liked it. The thing I thought was odd was two boxes of groceries were $3.85 but she paid $49.50 for a hat! That was a lot of money then to pay for a hat. No wonder Ricky got mad at her

#149366 - 05/26/08 01:37 AM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, Lousia ,
I love the I love Lucy Show so much . I saw the one yesterday and thought they were having a merathon of Lucy shows on yesterday . I love the show where they moved to West Port New York and her and Ethel bought those chichen eggs so they could have eggs to sell later . That was so funny .

Renee

#149367 - 05/26/08 07:56 PM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: Sadie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I loved the one with the chocolates on the conveyer belt and the vegameatavitamin tonic that she was doing a commercial for. She had to keep taking a spoonful because she couldn't get the lines right and ended up drunk as a skunk!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#149368 - 05/26/08 10:19 PM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: yonuh]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
and when she baked the bread, put in too much yeast and the huge loaf came out of the oven and knocked her down.

#149369 - 05/27/08 12:14 AM Re: I Love Lucy [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh that baked bread one was so funny and it grew long and longer out of the oven . How about the time Lucy and Ethel bought all that meat and that very large freeze and Lucy got locked in the freezer . LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved