The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 59 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#88277 - 09/13/06 07:05 PM elderly dog
judym Offline

Loc: AL
We have a 13 yr. old dog, a smallish cocker-retriever mix that is beginning to show her age (have written about her before, her seperation anxiety problems, thank Goodness I no longer have to give her the clomicalm, she has settled down somewhat). She just loves her people, and right now I am it, and I have to say she is very good company for me.
Maggie is a dear sweet dog, she sleeps on the foot of our bed. I always think of that print "The Master's Bed". Unfortunately, lately she has begun wetting while she sleeps- not too often but enough to cause concern, and not to mention a lot of laundry and dog-bathing. She always acts so sheepish when that happens when I find out the next morning. The vet mentioned a med for it but I am reluctant....have any of you gone thru something like this? I can't keep her from the bed, she waits until I am sound asleep to creep up on it. I have to tell you all, too- another point of concern (or joy, perhaps) she all of sudden of late has begun wanting to romp and play (she hasn't wanted to do that in years!) and while I rejoice in this and play fetch, whatever, with her when she gets that wild hair- she is so wiped out after you have to watch her breathe while she is sleeping( those of you with old dogs KNOW what I mean). Is this something heralding what I fear may be on the near horizon? Give me any feed you can, I know every day with her is a blessing, and thank God she is healthy...Thanks a bundle!

#88278 - 09/13/06 11:26 PM Re: elderly dog [Re: judym]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I believe there are 'diapers' for dogs - check your local pet store or online.

Also, we have an older dog who I recently took off Clomicalm, and he is much more active and frisky. I don't know how long Maggie has been off the meds, but maybe it's just that she's no longer being medicated.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#88279 - 09/13/06 11:58 PM Re: elderly dog [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Judy, its so funny that TODAY of all days you're talking about elderly dogs. We had to take da Trixster to the VET because she has two tumors. One on her leg, and one on her eye. Poor thing. She's scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking we are going to get a second opinion though. Anyway, I wish you the very best with sweet Maggie. I know how dear our animal friends are to us all!

JJ

#88280 - 09/14/06 12:24 AM Re: elderly dog [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

Judy, I used diapers on my little bichon when she was 15 1/2 and began to have accidents. It worked out very well. Of course, the end was not long after and that was in June of 2003. I am still not over missing her. I believe I never will be.

#88281 - 09/14/06 08:27 AM Re: elderly dog [Re: Pam R.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Judy, doggie diapers are okay to use and work pretty well. If she stays at the bottom of the bed buy her a people waterproof pad and let her sleep on it, they are easily washed and work quite well. I would just say to you that you should enjoy every moment you have with her and allow her to be frisky if she wants to and then be wiped out. Its so very difficult when they become old and I applaud you for being understanding and wanting to help her be the best she can be. All too often when pets get old and begin having problems owners get testy and annoyed making the pet feel worse than they already do. Make her as happy as you can, be patient. She needs her person now more than ever.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved