The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#165384 - 11/12/08 06:03 PM Dogs, skunks, and...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Xena, my black lab, wanted to go outside at 3 a.m., when I had to get up. I let her out and went to the kitchen and did some things, I meant to do before I went to bed. Suddenly I smelled skunk and rushed to the front door to let the dog in before she encountered the critter. Oh my gosh! It was too late. Xena smelled like she walked through H%#l! Well the smell isn't the same as when you get a whiff of it in the open air. I was half asleep; so, she and I returned to bed! Hubby thought I had given Xena something to eat. I hadn't.
I said, "Gosh that dog stinks."
He said, "I thought you gave her something to eat."
I said, "No. I did not!"
He said, "Well then, she's been sprayed by a skunk."
As a kid, he had a Collie that was sprayed with skunk several different times. The same dog. We get up. Bathe Xena, with ChlorhexiDerm and then tomatoe juice. Thank God I had some V8 in the cupboard. After the tomatoe juice, we re-bathed her with the shampoo again. I tell you that, to tell you this: Tomatoe juice does work! It kills the smell of skunk! Keep a good supply on hand, those of you that have
DOGS!!!
I'll be washing blankets, bedding, floors and
rugs the rest of the day! I'm just grateful, Xena has short hair. I can't imagine going through this, with a long haired dog.

#165413 - 11/12/08 11:04 PM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You poor dear! What a thing to have happen when you're already dead tired. I have used tomato juice as well and yep, it does help tremendously!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165434 - 11/13/08 02:42 PM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I washed everything washable. I burned lavender candles all day and half the night. And we have an electric Air Purifier and Ionizer we used when returning home from road trips. I ran that all day long as well. Xena is fine. The pungent odor has gone.
And on the scale of things that could go wrong, this was a minor. I just wanted folks to know that the tomato juice does work, in case they face a similar situation. I see I'm as bad as Dan Quale: He puts an e on potato and I put an e on tomato!

Edited by jabber (11/13/08 02:43 PM)

#165451 - 11/13/08 06:19 PM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: jabber]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jabber,You say tomato I say tomatoe...
I am one of a few people in this world who likes the smell of skunk. I personally know one other who admits it. Not up close and personal mind you but just when it's lingering in the air.
I wonder what this says about me...sick

#165493 - 11/14/08 12:45 AM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It says either your smeller is a bit off, or you are, LOL...Only kidding about the you are part!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165508 - 11/14/08 07:57 AM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Um Chick? What does your hubby smell like? hee hee...just joshin' ja.

#165583 - 11/14/08 07:00 PM Re: Dogs, skunks, and... [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
He can be a little stinker sometimes. wink

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved