The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#202936 - 05/02/10 07:48 PM New Additions
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Remember my 80 year old neighbor down the block from my home, the one who just kicked her violent abusive husband to the curb after forty some years of his beating and controlling her? There is a post under The Last Straw with her story...Her name is Lois.

Well, I did take her to the Humane Society where she fell in love with two dogs while there, a part beagle, part poodle that is as cute as a bug. Then there was an old Chihuahus that's half blind but seemed so loving and looked so sad. Well, bless her big heart, Lois took them both home to live with her and PeWee.
They all met and began playing together, no jealousy or arguments and this morning she called me to come down for tea to show me how they all climbed the doggy steps last night and slept in her King size bed with her.

I have never seen this sweet lady so full of joy. The dogs were all out in the grassy yard chasing a ball around. It brought tears to my eyes to see so much happiness in them all. Lois so deserves to be happy after the terrible ordeal she has lived through for far too many years...

Update: Her abusive soon ex husband to be, refused to post bond so will spend the next 90 days in jail, right where he belongs!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202937 - 05/02/10 07:56 PM Re: New Additions [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Good for her! It breaks my heart to see all the older dogs with physical limitations get passed over for younger dogs and puppies. And good for her that she threw the bum out - sounds like she is happy.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202942 - 05/03/10 12:14 AM Re: New Additions [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks fot the update. Wow - serving time. Good for her. Too bad she waited so long.

chatty, I'm a bit afraid to ask, but did you get any ideas while you were at the shelter?

#202947 - 05/03/10 11:58 AM Re: New Additions [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, what a heartwarming ending to a story. Go Lois!

Is Lois worried over what will happen once the scum is out of jail?

#202977 - 05/03/10 03:59 PM Re: New Additions [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Good for Lois...although I wish she had gotten a Doberman to scare the stuffings out of the louse who abused her..hopefully she will get a court order to keep him far away from her...

She is lucky to have you in her corner Charleen.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203000 - 05/03/10 11:19 PM Re: New Additions [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lois not only has a court order, she has installed Roladin shutters on all her windows, has had an alarm for the entire house installed and sensor lights that light up her place like the su n if anyone sets foot in her yard. Found out too that they will be divorced before he sees the light of day. He has NO reason to go be near her home, plus several of her nearest neighbors, men, are on her speed dial. We've made sure she will be safe.

Nancy funny you said that because she was talking about going back to the Humane Shelter for a large dog. I was afraid she couldn't control a larger dog so I talked her out of it for now anyway. Those little buggers make plenty of racket when anyone comes around and with all the security measures in place its like she is living in Fort Knox.

Nope Dotsie, don't plan on being owned by any other cutie pies. I can't believe how hard their dying hit me. I managed so far to create blood shot eyes from crying, and have bitten off all my beautiful nails, and did it unconsciously. I am on the mend and still love all animals but am not ready to go any further. While Lois waqs looking at dogs to adopt I did roll up my sleeves and help bath a couple new dogs having just arrived at the shelter.

Oh, and no one here ever as to be afraid to ask me anything. I will do my best to answer as honestly as I can.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved