The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#68188 - 10/21/05 08:29 PM Cats
First baby boomer Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We have two long haired orange and brown tabbies named Mandy and Music. Mandy is a pretty spayed cat who is a lap cat, and is sweet and playful. She is eight years old, so sometimes she is a crabby tabby. Music is twice her size. He is a neutered cat who will be 2 years old in February. He is sometimes very bad and jumps on top of the china closet and knocks things down from the coffee table when he wants to play. Mandy has accepted him and he plays with her, but he want to boss her around and she won't let him! They have reached an understanding. Music also leaps on the table when we are eating and gives me head butts so that I will feed him! He does that to my husband also. Mandy knocks him over which is funny as he weighs 14 lbs, and she weighs 7 lbs. We used to have another cat, Moonbeam, who was 14 years old and had cancer. He had to be euthanized. I still miss him as he slept by me every night. He was a very bad cat at the vet. But he put up with me giving him medicines. Cathy

#68189 - 10/21/05 08:51 PM Re: Cats
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well First baby boomer,

As long as we're on cats...When my daughter was alive, she had two cats. The first was a semi-long haired tabby (angora) whom we got from the humane society at 6 months. He was a very timid little thing and loved to snuggle against your neck. So Nichole called him Boa Kitty since he felt like her winter scarf which was made like a boa. Now this is a "talking" cat. I swear, he asks questions with an upward sound on the end of his meow! And then he'll say "thank you" with a downward sound - not really a meow, but some sort of chirp. He has many such vocalizations, and we had many, many hilarious moments listening to Boa.

She also had Hyabusa, or Busa Baby. A little kitten we got from a family. The runt so he remains small. This is a Burmese cat so is very friendly, very strong, and very smart. All black. This one is completely different from Boa. He does not talk but is so funny with his antics and so FAST - also a very personable cat and provided so many hours of pleasure. He slept with Nichole and I think really misses her...

I'm sorry about Moonbeam. We recently had to put our 16 year old lab down, and I know how that feels. Just awful!!

But glad you still have Mandy and Music. Pets really are wonderful, aren't they?

Searcher

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved