The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67103 - 04/21/06 06:47 AM Still Miss My Bichon
Pam R. Offline

I was forced to put my beloved Bichon down in June of 2003. She was nearly 16 and I think of her everyday. Will I ever stop missing her so? I am not in the position to start with a new puppy yet but as soon as I or my husband retire, there will definitely be another one. She was my baby, especially after my girls grew up, left for college and moved out. I knew how much we loved her but I would never have believed that I would miss her this much. That unconditional love is by far the best!

#67104 - 04/21/06 08:09 AM Re: Still Miss My Bichon
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I had to do the same for my Bichon, Chelsea, and also a toy poodle named Cassie. I did both at the same time, because I was sure I couldn't handle it one after the other - and I was right. It hurt then, and still hurts when I think of them. They were both very ill, Chelsea with diabetes and Cushings, and Cassie with kidney failure.

About three weeks later, my son and husband brought home a Labradoodle puppy. I cried all over again. I already had a toy poodle named Angel, two years old at the time, and didn't think I could handle another dog. But of course I fell in love with Sadie - a big, lovable goofball of a dog. She is the most affectionate dog I've ever been around. Angel can be a bit standoffish. [Smile]

Let us know when you get another puppy. You will love again. It's never the same, just different, but sweet nonetheless!

#67105 - 04/22/06 02:31 AM Re: Still Miss My Bichon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It was necessary for me to have my beloved Maltese Daisy put down she had liver cancer. Eight months later my second maltese Twekee also 14 had to be put down. That was 10 years ago and no matter how much I love my Reeta and Rosee both now 9, I still shed tears when thinking of the other two. I have numerous animals around me always but those two were my babies for so long. I doubt we ever forget a faithful loving pet when their gone.

#67106 - 04/23/06 02:38 AM Re: Still Miss My Bichon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How we feel when we lose a beloved pet is only a small portion of the pain felt when a family/person decides to move or just gets tired of coping and gets rid of a pet by selling it, giving it away or dumping it somewhere. These animals feel deeply and suffer so much when suddenly homeless....I get so angry at this kind of selfish,heartless person.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved