The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#69143 - 06/23/06 02:29 AM Animal lovers, unite!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Here is a chance to do something good and kind for all the animals. Please google;
www.bestfriends.com
and then read the touching cover stories and leave a comment on any animal or story....thank you animal lovers.

#69144 - 06/25/06 09:57 PM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I'll check it out chatty. Question for ya...a few days ago, someone mentioned a "gentle lead". What is that? Is it a harness for dogs, that are used instead of collars? If so, is this good to use to teach puppies to walk on a leash? Aspen likes to walk fast so the collar tends to press on her throat and make her pant more. Seems like she's uncomfortable. It's not a choke collar.

#69145 - 06/25/06 11:06 PM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Jackie, the gentle leader is a sort of collar. It goes around the snout and up behind the ears. The theory behind it is that if the dog pulls on it, it puts pressure where the mother dog would have put pressure for correction. I know it has worked wonders with my dog. He has been wearing it for 6 or 7 years (and still tries to paw it off) and I no longer have my arms pulled out of my sockets when we go for a walk. You can buy them at places like PetsMart, or ask your vet if they have them. Once you get one, it has to be fitted correctly so follow the directions. Gentle Leader is the trade name and is the one I use. There are others out there that are similar, but I know nothing about them. And yes, they can also be used for training purposes, not just for walking.

#69146 - 06/26/06 12:32 AM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Sort of a different topic, but didn't want to start a new thread. Daisy, my Weimaraner, has been up the past 2 nights pacing and throwing up. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. She has been eating and doing her business, but she is laying around today. Of course, if I could I'd be laying around too because I was up all night with her. [Frown] I'm not really complaining, since I am only concerned that she is okay.

Daisygirl

[ June 25, 2006, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#69147 - 06/26/06 11:35 PM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Daisygirl keep us posted, please....has she been able to get out and eat grass. My doberman use to get upset stomachs and he would eat a ton oif grass then throw up and be fine.

#69148 - 06/27/06 12:49 AM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I ended up taking her to the emergency vet. I started worrying about bloat and she did have some of the symptoms, but at the same time, wasn't in excruciating pain. They gave her some medication and she is fine now. I don't know what she got into, her vomit didn't have much in it, just foam and clear. (I know, TMI) If she relapses then they will do xrays.

Usually, Daisy vomits and then is okay. But she vomited 7 or 8 times Saturday night and was acting pretty lethargic on Sunday.

The emergency vet called our vet and let them know she was treated. So my vet called this morning to see if she was okay. I thought that was a very nice thing to do.

Daisygirl

[ June 26, 2006, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#69149 - 06/27/06 07:47 AM Re: Animal lovers, unite!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Now thats a good vet....bravo for him!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved