The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#167908 - 12/17/08 02:06 PM Dolphin stampede...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dancing Dolphin,
Did you see that dolphin stampede on Good Morning
America? Several schools joined and swooshed across
the sea like a big herd of flying fish!

#167923 - 12/17/08 04:17 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: jabber]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
No, I missed it! I was supposed to participate cool but I was snowed in. That must have been amazing to see!

We are actually snowed in this week. We've had close to 2 feet of snow so far and all the schools have been closed all week. They were supposed to have mid-term finals, so I don't know how they will handle semester grades.

It was beautiful, blue sky yesterday, but we woke to more snow this morning and it's supposed to snow all day. Many of the highways in this area are closed, and the snow level is very low. Areas that get snow every 15-20 years are getting it today.

#167945 - 12/17/08 07:13 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DD, I bet your son's loving life, eh? Those were the good old days. Loved those snow days when the house was full of kids, wet clothes, food all over the counter, etc. SOmething sick about me, but I loved it.

#167946 - 12/17/08 07:23 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Actually, no - he's hating shoveling snow!! In fact we were laughing about the difference between age 7 and age 17 - he said he stopped loving snow as soon as he was old enough to shovel it.

We had about 2' before today, and another new foot + this morning and it's still coming down. We really need this snow pack due to water shortages.

My main issue is with our roads. We live about 4 miles from the ski resort, so on weekends and holidays - when there's snow like this - we literally can't go anywhere. The roads are jammed with snowplayers and traffic trying to get to the resort. We can go down the mountain if we leave early enough, but it can take hours to come home.

In fact, with the school break next week, I bet it will be bad all next week and beyond. When the folks in LA see white mountains, they pack up their kids and head on up. Our roads just can't handle it. A normal 20 minute drive from the freeway turns into 2-3 hours.

The roads become so congested that the emergency vehicles can't get through, and they always need to get through because there are constant injuries at the resort.

Ahh, had to vent...

#168008 - 12/18/08 01:33 AM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Us too Dancing Dolphin, there are about three inches right now, its cold and still coming down hard and steady. Looks like the desert has disappeared and been replaced by the north pole. YUK!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168057 - 12/18/08 02:39 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Yuk is right! Winter doesn't officially start until Sunday and
we've already had more snow this year than all of last year or
so it seems. Weather is really weird lately. Climates seem topsy-
turvy. What I'm actually waiting for, is for NY to get Florida
weather! That'll be coooool!

#168064 - 12/18/08 03:35 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DD, do you actually shovel all that snow? Holy moly.

I'm guessing that living in the ski resort area is similar to living near the beaches here in the summer. I didn't know you were that close to a resort. Which one is it? I'd love to see what it looks like online. Where is your closest airport? Did that shut down?

Chatty, I saw Vegas in the snow on the Early Show this morning. It was a most unusual site. What's the temp there today? Has it all melted?

#168084 - 12/18/08 07:22 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

The ski resort is Mountain High (http://www.mthigh.com/).

The closest airport is Ontario Int'l, but it's at lower elevations and was open, with just rain.

I'm heading to Phelan to get groceries soon, so I'll take the camera with me and try to get some pics to share.

#168106 - 12/18/08 08:38 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Now I know why she invited me to come stay with them yesterday....uh huh...sure. Da Queen don't shovel....snow, anyway.

#168180 - 12/19/08 01:55 PM Re: Dolphin stampede...? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Dolphin,
I looked at that Mountain High video. It looks like my home.
I live near a skiing resort. I looked out the window, it looked
the same as Mountain High. And deQueen don't shovel, snow anyway! LOL...fuuuuunnnnnnny!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved