The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#200730 - 03/10/10 09:35 PM My new Puppy is coming Home!
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
As some of you may know I lost my beloved black cocker spaniel , Zeke, rather suddenly on January 15 ..I have been heartbroken and missing him like crazy...so on Sunday my husband and I are driving to upstate NY to pick up our new puppy boy, a brown cocker spaniel puppy we are going to call "Bailey"..he was born the same day that Zeke passed.I am so excited but also a little nervous...I haven't had to housebreak a new puppy in over 13 years...I hope I still have enough energy to keep up with the little guy...Hopefully one of my tech savvy kids will be able to upload a picture of him so I can show you girls my new baby....just wanted to share my good news with you..:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200733 - 03/10/10 09:59 PM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Oh boy......new puppy breath! LOVE it!

Can't wait to meet Bailey. That's a popular name lately!

#200740 - 03/11/10 12:07 AM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: Di]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
There's nothing like a new puppy! congrat on your new furry baby! Hope to see pics of him soon!

#200741 - 03/11/10 12:10 AM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree with Di, theres nothing as sweet as puppy breath when they are showering us with kisses. I see you decided on another kind of name all together than something depicting chocolate. Bailey is a cute name too...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200750 - 03/11/10 01:55 AM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Actually, there is a chocolate after dinner drink called Bailey's Irish Cream...so that is the chocolate reference..and my angel dog Zeke's Dad's name was Bailey...and my Mom grew up on Bailey Street..so all signs pointed to BAILEY...:) I hope he likes his name.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200761 - 03/11/10 12:18 PM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is such fun news. Get your sleep this week, because you just might be up and out in the middle of the night next week. I ber this puppy is going to get your outdoors a lot. And what a great time of year to do so! Have a safe trip. What part of upstate NY?

#200783 - 03/11/10 06:26 PM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

I have been reading up on what to do when puppy comes home..I think you are right about not getting any sleep Dotsie...they are like new babies for the first few weeks until they realize that they are home and safe. I am hoping the puppy will be the motivation I need to get out and walking again..I desperately need the exercise after my winter in hibernation...

The Breeder is in Bliss NY...near Rochester...they offered to ship him but I didn't want him to endure that trauma..so we will take a nice loooooooong drive on Sunday...:)

#200788 - 03/11/10 09:20 PM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like fun. And I think this puppy is your ticket to the great outdoors!

#200796 - 03/11/10 11:59 PM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Puppies are about the cutest animal in the world. Good luck with
the training. Prayers and blessings,

#200802 - 03/12/10 12:32 AM Re: My new Puppy is coming Home! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy, when fostering pups or getting a new one of my own, I place a box next to the side of the bed I sleep on with a warm blanket inside and sleep with my hand hanging down into the box. tThe pup feels the warmth of my hand and smells me and usually will sleep through the night. Even if it fusses, all you need to do is wake up slightly and rub it... This has always worked for me.

You are already such good parents, going to get Bailey instead of his having had to endure being shipped.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved