The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216503 - 02/22/12 06:53 PM Bronchitis...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Get this. My Goldendoodle has bronchitis. She's on antibiotics and cough tabs. I've had dogs all my life and never ran across
such a thing. Days ago she began having coughing spells. But
till last night she was sleeping through the night; she's eating and drinking and active other than these intermittent coughing distresses. Had her X-rayed 'cause I thought she may've swallowed something weird; for, she's always picking up pieces of wood from hubby's wood pile. Who would've thought? Bronchitis..

#216506 - 02/22/12 08:14 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, you are right, I had not heard of this before. I'm glad the vet can help her. It must be heart-braking to hear her cough.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216509 - 02/22/12 11:19 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

It's scary. I really thought something was stuck in her throat.
I'm so relieved, I can't tell you. This is sweetest dog I've ever owned. Sweet and gentle doesn't begin to describer her and I was seriously worried. I almost insisted on the X-ray and when it was finished the vet said, "I'm glad we did the X-ray." It helped her recommend treatment and decide on antibiotics. The vet first thought it was an esophageal irration only. I prayed all the way to the vet's office. Thank you, God.

#216511 - 02/23/12 02:27 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Some dogs do get bronchitis, and sometimes it's because of allergies. I'm glad you had the x-ray done, jabber, because sometimes you can't really tell what's going on. Both my dogs have had coughing spells; one because of allergies and one because of some sort of infection. X-rays are the only way to tell what's going on.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#216512 - 02/23/12 02:37 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

yonuh, Thank you.
Am thanking God for the foresight to push for that X-ray. And also very thankful for the cough tabs and antibiotics. I think in a couple days she will be much better. Noticing improvement already. I love this dog so much; you should see her eyelashes! Awesome! And sweet. She's so sweet! Oh, I said that, didn't I.

#216564 - 03/03/12 11:30 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hope your dog is much improved jabber. They are just like babies to those of us that love our pets.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216613 - 03/08/12 11:14 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

She's taking her last antibiotic tonight. The cough tabs stopped the coughing. I pray she doesn't get it again, but I don't know how she got it in the first place.

Here's a question for those of you who work with animals at shelters, etc. What type of med can I use on my MIL's dog's cycst; she has it on her shoulder. At her last checkup it was
starting to dry up so the vet left it alone. But she bumps it and it bleeds sometimes. And I'm wondering if Animax Ointment or Cortizone-10 might be soothing and speed the healing process?
What say U???

#216615 - 03/09/12 01:15 AM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
jabber, I'm not a vet, but when one of my dogs had skin lesions, I bathed it with Goldenseal. You can buy that in capsules, open the capsules and mix the powder in hot water. Once it cools, apply to the lesion. Another thing you can do is use Vitamin E - the liquid from capsules. I would be hesitant to use any ointment, because there is a long list of things that can harm dogs if they lick it, or scratch it with their paws and lick their paws.

Does your vet vaccinate for Bordatella? It's also called kennel cough and can develop into bronchitis. It's picked up from other dogs, so if she's at the groomers, or the dog park, she can pick it up very easily. Since I take Spud to the groomer, he's vaccinated every 6 months for Bordatella. It's a nasal drop so very easy to give. I'm glad she's doing better!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#216625 - 03/11/12 12:16 AM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Hi yonuh,
Yes my dogs have been vaccinated for Bordatella, aka kennel cough, and all they could possibly pick up. The Golden Doodle is better, cough has ended, and she's taken all her meds. The cycst on MIL's dog is smaller and it's improving. So for right now we're well. God Bless!

#216628 - 03/11/12 09:04 PM Re: Bronchitis...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I remember that Taffy needed this shot before they'd allow her to take obedience class at the vet's office. Thanks for the help and input!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved