The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#205335 - 07/01/10 07:51 PM Being single can have it's challenges
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I have been on my own now for 14 years. I have had a few relationships, the last one ending six months ago. It lasted 4 years but he lived long distance and neither of us could move, kids, work, we still keep in touch occasionally.

I started working out at a gym due to health concerns and am also on a celiac diet which is going well. I do not have celiac but this diet works well for me, no white flour, no sugar. I can't eat anything when I'm out which works well. Either have to bring food with me or eat when I get home. My water bottle is my friend.

Anyway. I go to the gym almost every day. A couple of weeks ago I was on the treadmill and a guy was working out on the wieghts and he kept looking at me. I thought he was looking at someone behind me but no, he was looking at me.

A few days later I saw him again and the same thing happened. I was confused as he is much younger than me. Afer a few more days go by, he comes in, walks right up to me and says Hi. I say Hi back but continued to work out not knowing what to say as I felt kind of shy at that moment which is unusual for me. If he was the same age as me I would think nothing of it. I talk to everyone at the gym.

But due to his age I questioned why he was giving me all this attention. I have never dated guys my age and have in the past dated someone 19 years my junior. Only once and usually the men I date are 3 to 6 years younger. I look younger than I am, people tell me that all the time. My mother is the same way, people are shocked when she tells them how old she is. Anyway it's nice looking younger but can cause some problems.

This guy is not trying to pick me up but he is trying to get my attention and it is clear that he wants to talk to me. I wonder if others have had similar experiences. I don't want to be foolish and think he is interested in me, but he is giving me more attention that I have had in a very long time and I'm wondering what's up with him. I don't want to get all paranoid here and think he is a stalker or something but wonder if I should just start up a conversation and put an end to this flirty stuff.

Am I imagining it, it has happened four times now so I think not. Have any of you had the experience of having a younger man giving you attention or be attacted to you?

Just wondering as I am sure to see him again.

#205345 - 07/02/10 02:57 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
So have a conversation. Ask him about himself (anybody know a guy that doesn't like talking about himself?) Maybe he thinks you might be an interesting person to talk to.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#205346 - 07/02/10 06:31 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: yonuh]
katebcca Offline

Could be or maybe he thinks he knows me. I have been told I have a double. Anyway it's not big deal. Just found it odd that I was getting so much attention from this guy. Not complaining, just found his interest in me confusing.

Maybe he just wants to have a conversation so I will talk to him more next time, see what he says.
Kate

#205347 - 07/02/10 07:06 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Maybe he's European. Sitting in side walk cafes, staring at people is a favourite pastime. He might have transformed it to a gym. Enjoy, and lavish yourself with his admiring looks.

#205355 - 07/02/10 02:13 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Why do you question the reasons behind the attention? Just go for it. Do you have a cafe at the gym - if you do, ask him if he would like to join you for a juice (or whatever your diet allows) after both of you finish your workout.

By the way, congratulations on the work outs and the diet. You sound, and should be, proud of yourself. Rock on, girl!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#205395 - 07/03/10 12:18 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Anno]
katebcca Offline

Yes, so happy with the diet. I am making bread with spelt flour today. It costs $8.00 a loaf, and I paid $8.00 for the flour but it makes 2 loaves. I'm staying away from white anything as I mentioned. Feel so much better and keeping fibromyalgia symptoms away with diet and exercise.

Also, I am saving so much money not buying treats. I used to get a muffin with my coffee, also a cookie later in the day or something sweet. I have/had a real sweet tooth. I've broken the cravings cycle which is nice. It was not easy but now I can avoid it no problem.

As for the flirty guy, not sure why I question the reason, just been out of the dating game for a while, and he caught me by surprise. Even if he is just being friendly that's ok, keeps me going to the gym anyway :-)
Kate

#205396 - 07/03/10 12:53 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kate, tell us more about your celiac diet. I've never heard of spelt flour. Where did you hear about the diet. My DIL has fibromyalgia and I would love to be able to tell her more.

#205397 - 07/03/10 12:56 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Also, in addition to my questions above, I just remembered that a member of the NABBW is very active in educating others on Celiac, so I ran over and got her link. You might want to take a look here.

Gluten Free Help

I'm reading it now

#205398 - 07/03/10 04:00 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: jawjaw]
katebcca Offline

Thanks JJ, I do not have Celiac but am avoiding gluten so follow the diet. I also feel all the sugar and other additives is unhealthy for me, dyes, chemicals etc.

During my detox period I broke out in red rashes in different places, it was so weird. On my face, inner arms, legs. The rashes just came on but went away quite quickly. I think my body was getting rid of toxins.

There are many flours that we can use other than white or whole wheat flour. Many breads we buy at the store thinking they are whole wheat are really white bread with some whole wheat in them.

Spelt is a type of flour which I found out about at a organic market here. It makes good bread and treats, cookies etc. You can use Splenda to sweeten (I know, I have to get off of that too) But it keeps me away from sugar and I use it sparingly.

I'm lucky as where I live we have many stores selling organic flours and groceries. Also quite a few people who are vegan, are up on all the flours etc. It's a learning process.

I found a great recipe online for bread using spelt. Will let you know how it goes. It is more nutritious, breaks down faster, all in all just better for you.
Kste

JJ, all I can say as since I started exercising faithfully every day, and getting rid of all the "bad" foods from my diet, I feel so much better and the pain is dulled a great deal. Before I made the change there were days when it was difficult to walk. It was very scary. Scary enough for me to totally change my lifestyle.

#205399 - 07/03/10 12:07 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
This post caught my eye and I wanted to pass along another good website if you want to learn about celiac disease and going gluten free. A good friend of mine owns/runs it -- she's been dealing with celiac for years and has made it a personal mission to educate others about it.

http://glutenfreeeasily.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved