The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#174782 - 02/16/09 04:35 AM Stepgrandchildren relationships
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Just wondering.....

Is there anyone who does NOT have a good relationship w/the step-grands due to "issues" with your step children or their mother??

#175156 - 02/19/09 04:56 PM Re: Stepgrandchildren relationships [Re: Di]
Di Offline

Ahh, I'm so glad no one has these troubles. I don't either! I am blessed to have these two little, sweet girls in my life (ages 3 and 1). And a stepdaughter who allows me to give advice, teach the girls neat stuff, be a "fun" Nunna and enjoy the heck out of them!

#175193 - 02/19/09 10:52 PM Re: Stepgrandchildren relationships [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Di, you have no idea how thrilled and excited your last post made me, and hopefully others too who have gotten to know and care about you here on BWS. Your posts about being childless were always so sad, and you shared with us being worried you wouldn't be able to relate to your stepdaughter or her children.

WELL LISTEN TO YOU NOW!!!

Sounding so positive about being a stepmother and a loving NANNA. I swear you bring a tear to my eye. You go girl!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175196 - 02/19/09 11:08 PM Re: Stepgrandchildren relationships [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Thank you, Chatty. I had no idea so many paid attention!

The last time we visited, I left my SD a sample of a magazine ("Family Fun") and she and her DH decided to buy a subscription. She then told me how thrilled they were about how I had Grace make those Thanksgiving placemats..that she stuck to the entire project with three different steps being introduced at intervals. I, too, was surprised at a 3-yr old's attention span!

Then my SD had mentioned her wanting to have the girls take piano lessons (later on), so I asked a friend some questions (who IS a piano teacher), then relayed them to my SD. Again, she was so surprised I did this. We had a nice long chat about that.

What puzzles me is that doesn't a blood Grandma do those things? I thought it strange that no one else thinks of these things. Maybe it's easier for me to be on the "outside looking in" from a different angle. Not from a parenting standpoint, but from a teacher's standpoint (which I used to be!)

Anyway, thanks again, Chatty, for your encouragement. I just wish we lived closer. Next time I visit, I want to go alone so my husband doesn't get "nudgy" and I can have quality "Nunna" time.

#176227 - 03/03/09 09:59 PM Re: Stepgrandchildren relationships [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do any of you that have STEP children know how/where the name originated? I have been researching and haven't found much.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176231 - 03/03/09 10:21 PM Re: Stepgrandchildren relationships [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

"Step" chatty means a step "away" from the real parent.

Step-mother, -father etc.

There ya go!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved