The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6385 - 04/20/05 03:44 AM How Often?
JulieG Offline

Loc: Centerville, Ohio
OK, married ladies, I have a question that can only be asked here in the forums, because I don't feel like I can ask my friends in person (except for my very best friend). How frequently do you and your husband have sex?

I try to make sure that my husband and I have sex once a week. (I don't like to do it during the work week because I'm just too tired.) He is "OK" with this, but he thinks other couples are having way more sex than him--I think he feels short-changed. But I don't really know what goes on with other people, so I don't know if I'm "short-changing" him or not. (My best friend wasn't any help--she said she and her husband hardly ever have sex because they're not getting along right now!)

If this question offends anyone, please just skip over this thread!

#6386 - 04/20/05 04:39 AM Re: How Often?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do you have any idea how many men call the phone sex lines and say the reason is because their wife whom they love, only wants sex once a week or on a certain day. They tell me they get the urge much more often and resent being put on some stupid schedule like when to take out the trash. Its suppose to be from loving feelings and emotions like it was in the beginning of their relationship, not like, "Oh okay if we must." I also asked these men if they talk to their wives about this and they seem to think "why bother" is the answer. They say it will only cause trouble at home. Heads up ladies this is from the horses mouth.... [Roll Eyes]

#6387 - 04/20/05 04:44 AM Re: How Often?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ok, nobody else is biting. It used to be 2-3 times a week (more when we were on vacation). Then exhaustion, burnout, grief and depression knocked me and my libido out for a couple of years. We had to go for about 2 years with almost no sex, but (thanks to a very patient and supportive hubby) have slowly worked our way back to once every two weeks (less on vacation). I don't know if we'll ever get back to once a week, especially with arthritis beginning to creep into the old hips and knee joints, but hey, one can always keep hoping (and trying)...

#6388 - 04/20/05 06:21 AM Re: How Often?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Julie, on Wednesday 4/20 Oprah will be discussing this very question. Afterwards, the Oprah message boards and support groups will light up with women who are asking the same quesiton. I'm in Eagle's boat. To exhaustion & depression add multiple moves, infrequent vacations, job hirings and firings, uncovering repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse PLUS a bout of cancer leading to bilateral mastectomy and that equals...well, let's just say, that adds up to ZERO. Not that the spark is not there, not that the desire is not there. It's just that my husband and I are working on a new pattern, and that takes time. Oh, and we are both on anti-depressants, which leads to lack of libido. However, my husband and I always talk about it, have had counseling together about it, and turn to each other about sex, even when we are not having it. Phew! That was kind of hard to answer, but then I am writing a book about learning to trust again after trauma, including the trust that develops with sexual intimacy, so I better get used to reaching out to answer when women kind ask. Love and Light, Lynn

#6389 - 04/20/05 06:55 AM Re: How Often?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
My husband has Sundays and Weds off, so the nights before are the only two nights he doesn't go to bed at 7pm. We try to make use of those special nights.

Sherri

#6390 - 04/20/05 06:57 AM Re: How Often?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm still a newly wed. I lost count.
smile

#6391 - 04/20/05 07:26 AM Re: How Often?
Princess Lenora Offline

Smile, you show off you! Newlyweds, that's a different breed! Gosh, back when we were newlyweds, I would have lost count too! I hadn't known it was possible to experience so much joy and pleasure! LLL

#6392 - 04/20/05 07:34 AM Re: How Often?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Great answer, Smile. But, wait a minute, I lose count all the time too. No wait, that's brainfog, not libido fog...darn. I got all excited there for a moment thinking I had missed something. Then I realized I HAD missed something.

#6393 - 04/20/05 10:59 PM Re: How Often?
Danita Offline

Chatty,

(now I KNOW why you have the nickname)...went to the "solo" website....I'm impressed.

Tried to call you to arrange our meeting - thinking to myself, hmmmm, she must be on the phone. Ha. Crazy mental image!

Can't wait to meet you!

Danita

#6394 - 04/20/05 11:12 PM Re: How Often?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I only see my husband once a month so there's your answer!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved