The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#182853 - 05/24/09 04:29 AM Life partner draws out best in their loved one
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Saw a friend and her hubby, where she was in town to attend wedding of her 61 yr. brother. She was happy for him because she felt the bride-to-be (who he had been with in past 6 yrs.) seemed to naturally draw out the very best of her brother with her personality. Which was unlike his previous girlfriend.

Always great to hear of a marriage that sounds like a right fit which is the individuals bring out the very best in each other. Her brother seems like an eccentric, high energy person who does incredible carpentry and woodworking. He does customized grand and spiral staircases for his business..which in our city there would be enough clients plus elsewhere. Very lucky that someone like him was able to find his own special niche /passion.

#182977 - 05/25/09 01:50 PM Re: Life partner draws out best in their loved one [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, while walking through Federal Hill (that's the neighborhood where Ross practices and our son recently bought a home) I saw a goal I went to high school with. She was the absolute most quiet person you could ever meet. Several years ago while working out at Curves, I would run into her on occasion and she was still rather quiet and shared that she'd never married.

When we (Ross, Matt and I) saw her on Saturday, she introduced us to her husband and she was an unbelievable chatter box. They are renovating a home in the neighborhood and actually invited us in to see what they'd done. The change in her was amazing. I think she also found the perfect match. I've never seen her so lit up. She was almost animated. What fun when people really bring out the best in one another.

#182985 - 05/25/09 02:43 PM Re: Life partner draws out best in their loved one [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats the way it should be. One person brings out the best in his or her spouse, and vice versa. Those are the unions that last until death do us part...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#183143 - 05/27/09 05:12 PM Re: Life partner draws out best in their loved one [Re: chatty lady]
Expat Offline

I totally agree that certain people can bring out the best in others. I also believe in soulmates and to me what you've both described is definitely two people finally meeting their soulmates. And yes, Chatty, in my opinion, those unions are the most secure.

#183232 - 05/28/09 02:28 PM Re: Life partner draws out best in their loved one [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, how do you like having a friend since second grade? Is it the best or what? They know your whole fmaily and can pick right up on any conversation and you can do the same with them.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved