When I least expect it, Larry takes my breath away. My husband is not the romantic type and his way of sweeping me off my feet is less than suave, however he does have his moments. Like tonight. We were watching TV sitting cuddled up together on the love seat. My best friend Nancy had a heart procedure day before yesterday.
A week ago Nancy asked me if I believed in Angels. I told her I did and we discussed them, who or what we think they are and about God. She told me she'd never given them any thought before and was surprised at how many of her friends believe in them. I asked her if she believes in Angels...she was quiet for a moment and then said, "I think I do."
Just before going into surgery Nancy complimented the nurse for treating her so well and the nurse looked down at her, smiled and said, "that's what I'm supposed to do...take care of you. I'm your Angel." Nancy could not believe what she was hearing.
During the procedure a complication arose. Nancy's blood pressure began dropping rapidly and she could hear the nurse calling out the falling numbers. Nancy looked up at the nurse and asked if she was going to die. The nurse told her no and they stabalized Nancy quickly by inserting a drain in her chest for fluids and blood. Thankfully, she is now back home safe and sound. When I spoke with Nancy she mentioned Angels again and told me how safe she'd felt. She had one by her side in that operation room.
Tonight as Larry and I were watching our movie Larry very quietly asked, "Has Nancy seen anymore Angels?" I stopped to think and before I could answer, Larry said, "She should be here." It took me a second to realize what he meant. I looked up at him. Larry continued, "I see an Angel every day." He had tears in his eyes. I got tears in mine. We hugged each other and I told him that was the most romantic thing I've ever heard. God, I love my husband. How did I get so lucky?

Edited by Dee (01/17/11 05:17 AM)