As many of you know, my 23 yr. old daughter and my grandaughter are living with me right now indefinitely while we wait for my daughter's court date to determine if she will go to prison or to a program and whether or not she will get to be with my grandaughter in the program or not.

My husband says he can't live with either of them because his nerves are bad and I believe him. He is a very rigid person...inflexible...intolerant...horrible temper...problem with alcohol. He's one of those people who can't see the good or opportunity in anything. He wants a 'simple' life. He even lines his shirts up in a certain way and separates them by T's or collared.

My husband sold his house last week and we both signed on it. My name was on the mortgage because his credit wasn't good enough to get financing for a second mortgage although I haven't made any payments on it but have lived here with him for nearly a year.

I will get nothing from the sale of the house except for 3 months rent free living so we will not be homeless, basically. My husband had lumped 20,000 worth of credit card debt into the refinance also and when all was said and done was left with 35,000 in his pocket. Now he doesn't want me to use the account although my name is on it too and my payroll ck goes into it too and says he is going to open a new account for himself and put some of the money in CD's.

Now, since he paid for 3 months rent, he can come and go at will, can have his own freedom from my watchful eye as he will be living in the apartment, won't have to 'deal' with my daughter or grandaughter, and says he needs me with him to run the complex and my daughter had better find somewhere to live as in three months, the rent is up.
I continue to be sweet to him, to get him settled in his apartment, cleaned cabinets, put things away for him and tonight am going shopping for towels, rugs and things like that.
He didn't get me a card for Valentine's but took me out to eat with another couple who he spent most of his time with and got royally drunk. He gave them pain pills on top of the Xanax they had already taken along with alcohol.
Am I being stupid? Is there anything I can do? I feel trapped between him and my daughter who really IS trying to make her life right.

I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. My work and my grandaughter and my other grandchildren and daughters offer the only sanity in my life right now.
I bought my husband a Valentine card and some Hagendas (sp) ice cream. I'm always doing thoughtful things for him. He doesn't like anything I do, has to monitor everything, says I squandered my inheritance on my children when I used it to live for a year while trying to start my life all over again.