The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#74733 - 10/26/05 01:19 AM I'm confused
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When I used to open the file for my word program, I had the option of floppy disk. Now, it no longer appears. I have Office XP, if that helps. I have a dc,dvd slot but not floppy. Help.

#74734 - 10/26/05 01:56 AM Re: I'm confused
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
To navigate and open the Word program, you would click on Start, then programs, then Word. After it opened, you could click on the little folder along the top of the page, then you could navigate to where the file was you wanted to open. You would double click to open that file.

If you have a new computer, you may not have a floppy disk option. (This is usually known as the A drive on the computer). If you see an A drive, double click on it to take you to the contents of the floppy disk.

#74735 - 10/26/05 02:40 AM Re: I'm confused
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

When I'm in the Word program and open a file, I used to be given the option of floppy disk. I have a floppy disk slot on my tower but cannot find the option for it on the pull down. I'm trying to transfer stuff from a floppy to my documents.

#74736 - 10/26/05 04:11 AM Re: I'm confused
yepthatsme2 Offline

Got it. After you open the Word Program and click on the little folder, it takes you to My Documents. You will not see the A (Floppy Drive) on that menu. Go to the top of the box to the right of the words "look in". Click on that little arrow and another drop down list will appear. If you do not find it in that list, double click on "My Computer". That will show you all the drives installed on the computer. You should see the A drive.

#74737 - 10/27/05 07:40 AM Re: I'm confused
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Now I'm really confused! I have the following drives on my computer:
D
F
E
H (smart media)
G (compact flash)
I (memory stick)

But, no A drive! I have the slot but I guess my computer isn't recognizing it. This is weird.

#74738 - 10/26/05 08:03 PM Re: I'm confused
Not much, you? Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Dianne, do you have a CD burner? You can burn your files to CD and it would be so much easier to keep up with.

I've had 3.5 floppies in my desk drawer for about 5 years with my tax files on them, and when I wanted to look at them this year, they wouldn't read. CDs would be so much better.

And if you have a memory stick and smart media, etc., those can be used to transfer files as well.

NMY

#74739 - 10/26/05 09:06 PM Re: I'm confused
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I thought of that but it won't read the floppy to burn to a CD! Gadzooks.

#74740 - 10/27/05 02:47 AM Re: I'm confused
yepthatsme2 Offline

OK. The computer does have the capability to install the floppy drive hardware. Click on the Start (on the desktop), then go to Control Panel, Click on Add/Remove Hardware and the install wizard box will appear. Click next, then answer yes the hardware is already connected. When the hardware wizard is done, you should be able to select a floppy drive install option. Then just follow the wizard question, if any. If a floppy option does not appear, may be out of options.

(just for a check, on the Desk Top, Click My Computer and see if there is a Floppy Drive there. Also check to see if the Floopy Drive is called by another letter (i.e. E, G, etc). If there shows another letter, that would solve the problem)

#74741 - 10/28/05 05:54 PM Re: I'm confused
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I've been had I guess. I'm going to take my floppy and have a CD made of it. Thanks so much for your help.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved