The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#110445 - 03/07/07 01:21 AM Has anyone used this product or one like it?
gims Offline

Loc: USA

#110446 - 03/07/07 01:30 AM Re: Has anyone used this product or one like it? [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Gimster, D has parkinsons and has purchased the product. He has been working on programming it, and it has been difficult for him to program. I think part of that may be because he also has a weak voice with poor diction - also a symptom of parkinsons.

He does like the possiblities, however.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110447 - 03/07/07 01:43 AM Re: Has anyone used this product or one like it? [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm looking for an older man, who might have the same problem of a weak voice, probably more in the category of lazy speech practices.

Did your husband get this particular product or some other? If he did get the Nuance product, did he get the professional or personal edition?

I found this one (IBM) in a more manageable price range:
http://www.pricecastle.com/ibmviavoice.html

editing to add:
I've heard the new MS Vista software has a speech recognition component, but I've also heard the Vista software is not bug free, yet.

Edited by gimster (03/07/07 01:45 AM)

#110448 - 03/07/07 01:49 AM Re: Has anyone used this product or one like it? [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
He got the personal Dragon product. He has been able to program it to recognize his language, it just took some time and patience.

He has used it on a very limted basis so far - he wanted to program it before he felt he needed to use it often. I will ask him more about it, but it will be a few days before I see him (I am leaving town).

I will get back to you, gimster.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110449 - 03/10/07 11:46 PM Re: Has anyone used this product or one like it? [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have voice recognition on this pc, but I forget it's there and rarely use it. I thought it was so cool to have and usually don't bother.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved