The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#74786 - 11/19/05 05:30 PM Ebay?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am not an ebay shopper. Never done it. But my daughter recently bought a few purses through ebay. One came yesterday and it looks like it's been used. She thought it was brand new. Is that against the rules? Just wondering...

#74787 - 11/20/05 08:24 AM Re: Ebay?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

I've sold AND bought on ebay.

The only rules are that the sellers acurately describe the item.

She should go back and look at the listing again....and if she wants to dispute the condition of the item v.s. the sellers' description, I suggest she email the seller first to try to get it resolved through them. Many times the seller will be happy to reslove the issue between them and the buyer! If that doesn't work, you leave bad feedback for the seller.

Danita

#74788 - 11/20/05 08:35 AM Re: Ebay?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
First and formost before I ever buy anything on Ebay, I check the feedback of the person selling the item. Seller feedback can be found on the original listing under seller information.. positive feedback to the upper right side. If, the feedback is not 100%, I check to see why the feedback is lower.

Did the write on the auction state the purse as new?
If, it was stated as new, I would email the seller and say the purse arrived but, not in new condition as stated. Ask if you can have a refund since the item was not listed as stated. If not...
Really the only thing you can do is leave the negative feedback, so the same thing doesn't happen to someone else.

If a large large sum of money was involved you can always do the conflict resolution, which not always works for you. Can cost, extra also.

Last year I purchased a man's ring for over $300.00 when the ring arrived the band was scratched and several diamonds missing. This was a new seller with no feedback as of yet.
Went thru conflict resolution with no reply from seller to any email. Ring was stated in auction as hardly worn.
Finally had to leave negative feedback and trash the ring.
Now I never buy from anyone with feedback under 98.

If, they decide to give a refund, extra money (cost of shipping) will be involved to send the item back.

Hope this has helped.

#74789 - 11/20/05 05:36 AM Re: Ebay?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have been Ebaying since August 2000. My feedback is 100%. I have had 539 transactions with no disatisfied customers to date,including myself.
If I am buying, I go by these rules. Read the whole Auction page and then read it again. Watch out for "Shipping, payment details and return policy." A good way to find out if an item is not new, is to see which category it was posted under i.e. collectibles, vintage."

Dotsie, If you want to e-mail me the page,I can check it out for you and your daughter and maybe see if we can get something straightened out.
chick

#74790 - 11/20/05 07:30 PM Re: Ebay?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've only had the EBAY experience twice. I bought a Shirley Temple doll from an antique dealer in NY...and I bought a case of dolls that were the dolls handed out at gas stations back in the late 50's, early 60's... remember those? There were 12 dolls representing different countries. So cute.

Both items arrived as described and I was satisfied. But like the others have said, I read the descriptions very carefully first, and made sure I was satisfied with everything on the page, including the seller's feedback.

I'm such a ninny because I think EBAY has TOO MANY choices...pages and pages of items. And they list commerical items in with the vintage items and I don't like having to druge thru the pages of things that are truly NOT vintage or antique. So, I quit going there. Well, that reason and the fact I don't have the money..hahaha....that would be the TOP reason!

However, I do believe you can find great items there and at a very good price.

JJ

#74791 - 11/21/05 05:13 AM Re: Ebay?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I received a one of a kind hand made (by a jeweler in Boca Raton Florida)22 carat gold crucifix with 16 perfect round diamonds and one round ruby in the center, it is very delicate and tiny and I had it appraised for $880. at a jewelers here in Vegas. I am a large woman and never could wear such a beautiful smaller piece of jewelry and wanted to sell it on Ebay but was told you had to have a picture and I don't have a camera. It that the truth? I imagine a picture would help sell it. I'm only asking $750. for quick sale....do you need a picture....

#74792 - 11/21/05 03:34 PM Re: Ebay?
chickadee Offline

Chatty, when it comes to selling on Ebay a picture is really a necessity, especially when selling jewelry. If you have your appraisal, you should include a photo of that as well. Many sellers on there are selling junk jewelry, claiming it is the real thing, so your appraisal will help. One of a kind or Ooks bring more than you can imagine sometimes.
If you can upload a pic to your computer(if you have a scanner or get one with a regular camera and put it on disk) you can sell on Ebay. I would strongly recommend not to sell the piece without one.
Maybe someone here would be interested in buying it. No fees involved. [Big Grin]
Maybe we should have a buy and sell topic here. Just a thought.
If I can help in any way chatty just ask.

chick

#74793 - 11/21/05 06:21 PM Re: Ebay?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty,

Maybe a friend or neighbor has a digital camera and would help you with taking a picture.

I loove selling and buying on ebay. I can stay glued to my computer and have the satisfaction of shopping!

d.

#74794 - 11/22/05 03:41 AM Re: Ebay?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for all the feedback. She is keeping the purse. She got it for 12.99 and that's about all it's worth.

#74795 - 11/22/05 04:52 AM Re: Ebay?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks chickadee for the advice. I thought they were correct saying I needed a picture. If anyone would like to but it here, why not it such a beautiful distinct piece...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved