The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#75446 - 04/27/05 02:06 AM Garden and hearth
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
I've recently started a 3rd "micro" site on stress management and have just posted 5 articles on stress free living: www.gardenandhearth.com/StressFreeLiving.htm.

It's a good opportunity for promotion as well as giving editors easy access to writing samples.

Let me know what you think if you have a chance to go by there.

Kelly

#75447 - 04/27/05 06:02 PM Re: Garden and hearth
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Kelly
I couldn't get to your new one but I checked out the other two, Great job! I am currently working on a site there as well. It is on Vegetable Gardening. I am taking a bit of a humorous approach to it though. I'll post about it once it goes live.
How long does it take to go live?
Have you made any money with your sites yet?(If that's too personal, forget I asked)
Right now I'm just having fun writing the articles.
How many sites do they allow you to have?
Sorry about all the questions. I'm just excited to have found someone doing the same thing as me.

#75448 - 04/27/05 11:29 PM Re: Garden and hearth
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Couldn't get in by the link above Kelly....the stress free living one. [Frown]

#75449 - 04/28/05 02:32 AM Re: Garden and hearth

Hi ladies,

Try this link to the new stress free living site:
http://www.gardenandhearth.com/StressFreeLiving.htm

That should work-- let me know if it doesn't.

TVC15, I have 3 sites at Garden & Hearth and no, no money yet. I don't expect to make a whole lot, although the site seems to be growing nicely which hopefully will increase "clicks" for all of us. I do it to get some of my work out there, and for PR purposes. I enjoy it and am mainly just having a good time with it. Since the site is growing, it does take a bit longer to get the articles posted than it did about a month or so ago when I started, but I've been impressed with how quickly they get the new material up. Seems to take only a few days at the most, excluding weekends.

I don't know that they put a maximum on the number of sites although for me personally I couldn't handle more than 3. I'm currently trying to get more material on the sites I do have. One of them is a book review so that's not really difficult to get material for since I read all the time anyway. The other 2 sites that require articles are a bit more challenging.

I have enjoyed it very much-- the ladies who run the site seem very cordial and pleasant to work with, and the site looks professional.

Let me know when you get your site up. I'll look forward to reading it. I have always tried to grow vegetables and never seem to succeed-- I'm sure because I don't put the time and effort into it that is required. All I manage each year is to eak out a few measly tomatoes.

Best,
Kelly

#75450 - 04/28/05 02:57 AM Re: Garden and hearth
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Kelly, I enjoyed your stress free articles and wish you success with your sites [Smile]

#75451 - 04/28/05 02:59 AM Re: Garden and hearth

Thanks for reading Eveline! [Wink]

#75452 - 04/28/05 03:24 AM Re: Garden and hearth
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for all the information Kelly. I kind of figured it wouldn't generate much cash but it is fun to do and like you said, it gets your work out there for others to see.
I'll let you know when mine is done!
Thanks again, I appreciate it.
I'll be checking in on your stress free site too. Lord knows I need a little help in that department.

[ April 27, 2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved