The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#105022 - 01/26/07 11:45 PM I Have Been Reading.......
bonnierae Offline

I have been reading some of the stories of the members here. It is very similar to SNT(Survivors-N-Thrivers)
SNT was begun as a result of my search for information or a way to help my son. As a result I connected with many women that were victims and had become Survivors of abuse,emotional, physical and sexual abuse.

Our family nightmare began with a predator pastor,one that destroyed my son's marriage while abusing his pastoral counseling role. This began a nightmare journey of five years and landed at the MN Supreme Court,with my son winnng a unaniamous verdict ,changing the laws of MN that dealt with this issue.
I was extremely proud of his tenacity and determination that there be consequences for men like this and those that employ them knowing their past behavior.

SNT has been scaled back for the moment but is still a part of our new website,MyGrandCentralStation. All conversations at this point are hidden from the viewing of lurkers. Only those that are approved members may read and post. Sometimes it is a little easier to be frank if you know the whole internet world can't read.

I was strcuk by "help others live,survive and thrive". Sounded very much like SNT

Bonnie

Edited by bonnierae (01/27/07 12:44 AM)

#105023 - 01/27/07 02:30 AM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: bonnierae]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
It takes courage to confront the feelings of being taken advantage of. Next is the courage to want to change the system and have others benefit in the future. There are no words to say thank you for many other children and young adults.

#105024 - 02/04/07 10:28 PM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: bonnierae]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Our family nightmare began with a predator pastor,one that destroyed my son's marriage while abusing his pastoral counseling role. This began a nightmare journey of five years and landed at the MN Supreme Court,with my son winnng a unaniamous verdict ,changing the laws of MN that dealt with this issue.
I was extremely proud of his tenacity and determination that there be consequences for men like this and those that employ them knowing their past behavior.

You have much to be proud of your son. to go to court and to expose..does mean willingness to give a personal exposure to a personal portion of life. Most people aren't that willing to go that far (ie. to state Supreme court..).

to assist in changing law, is even better. Obviously the legal world...saw something here...

#105025 - 03/12/07 12:35 AM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: orchid]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
This is a win not only for your son, for you, and for your family, but also for humanity. Please congratulate your son for caring enough about others to put himself through this nightmare. He is a good decent man and a true survivor. My thoughts are with you and your son. Thank you.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#105026 - 03/12/07 02:51 PM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: SharonE]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Your son is my hero. Good for him. You must be very proud.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#105027 - 03/14/07 12:31 AM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
It took a lot of courage to do what your son did. I admire you for raising him that way. Hats off to you and your son.

#105028 - 03/14/07 04:35 PM Re: I Have Been Reading....... [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It took real courage to do what your son did. He's to be commended.

chick

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved