The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214592 - 09/04/11 04:21 PM The Ostentatious Brooch
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
I realize we sometimes do not want to part with our possessions. However, are you really aware of the price of Gold & Silver? Old jewelry, whether it's broken, out of style or if you just never liked it can get you that extra cash you may need. However, it's advisable to find a reputable jeweler before cashing it in; the thought of some of these mail away for cash commercials is scary. How would you know if they are paying you for 10K, 14K or 18K? You need to be right in front of them as each piece is tested. Good Luck!

#214593 - 09/04/11 08:12 PM Re: The Ostentatious Brooch [Re: lindasusan]
Mountain Ash Offline

I see adverts for gold/silver on TV asking that people do sell it by postal means..and feel that desperate people may be conned so I agree that anyone should go in person to a reputable source.

Buying earrings recently for a gift it was noticeable how the price of silver has risen.

#214594 - 09/04/11 09:22 PM Re: The Ostentatious Brooch [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree on not sending in any gold or silver by mail. Recently I have seen full page ads in the newspaper for gold/silver buyers who come to town and set up in a hotel conference room or other public place in order to buy precious metals. Again, I would caution that these places don't sound too trustworthy to me, either.

However, I did sell some gold to a reputable local jeweler earlier this year, and I agree it was nice to get some money for old unused stuff that had no sentimental value and wasn't being used.

I also know someone who runs an eBay store. He's an old friend who's turned a hobby into a business. So if you have collectibles you no longer wish to store -- perhaps old dishware or doll collections, etc. -- be aware that there are services that can handle selling on eBay for you, if you don't want to learn how to do that... Again, not all are reputable, but look around in your community -- you probably have an eBay service provider in your community, too..
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214596 - 09/05/11 09:43 AM Re: The Ostentatious Brooch [Re: Anne Holmes]
Mountain Ash Offline

I went to jewellry making classes.there the ladies reused their old silver smelted and run into moulds they had designed .The tutor who did this had moved so I never had that chance.I did learn a lot of processes and intend to continue in the winter..
sounds great to reuse items no longer used.Custom made pieces are so special.

#214811 - 09/27/11 10:05 PM Re: The Ostentatious Brooch [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That sounds like something very interesting M.A. I could see it becoming someones business...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved