The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77880 - 09/22/05 11:46 PM Mabon
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Today is the autumn equinox- Mabon - in the calendar of the old ways. It is the celebration of the second harvest- where we reflect on all we have sown in our lives and relationships and spiritual path. It is also a time to let go of feelings and limitations and perhaps people who have hampered the way towards love and fulfillment- it is our Thanksgiving where we share a meal and yet remember those who do without
The wheel of the year turns to dark now- not a frightening evil dark but one of quiet and rest and peace- we cocoon more as the days are growing shorter
So on this day of thanks- I remember you all
and wish you bright blessings
Pattyann

#77881 - 09/23/05 02:49 AM Re: Mabon
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you Pattyann, for remembering and for your blessing wish. While I was not aware of your specific spiritual cycle at this time, I HAVE been aware of a deep and gentle "quietening" of my soul...as if the turn of the season is beckoning my soul and spirit to become reflective and thankful. So it's interesting that you would share this today. It makes me feel one with nature and one with those who celebrate in a special way at this time. I wish you profound days of blessing and deep contentment.

[ September 22, 2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#77882 - 09/23/05 04:51 AM Re: Mabon
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I, too, have embraced the changing of the seasons lately. After a five year ordeal of caring for elderly parents, they have both passed since Easter. My DH has retired and we're figuring out what to do with the next phase of life. In fact, today, as I sat in our attorney's office (updating wills, etc.) I was captivated watching the wind toss the falling leaves as a storm approached. From there, we visited my BIL who is in the last stages of chirossis of the liver. In fact, they were awaiting their first visit from the hospice nurse. It was oddly peaceful.

I wrote in my journal for an hour after returning home - emotions poured out on the page. We toasted in Autumn at 6:32 p.m. as another storm cell passed over. We sat quitely watching the lightening flash over the dark, whitecapped waves on the lake.

My soul is profoundly at peace tonight. Welcome Autumn

#77883 - 09/23/05 08:43 AM Re: Mabon
Dahti Blanchard Offline

Loc: Washington state
Thanks Pattyann for the Mabon blessing. I was going to get here earlier today to add mine, but better late than never. browser57--journaling is a wonderful thing to do in this reflective time. And your description of the lightening storm nicely reminded me of my odd but lovely mixture of melancholy and joy I get at Mabon. Eagle Heart--reflective and thankful--I feel that too. I have so many things to be thankful for.
I told Pattyann earlier that I decorated for this day with autumn color candles, beautiful leaves I brought home from upstate NY last year (I grew up there and hadn't been there in the fall in over 25 years) and putting out my tacky and wonderful cauldron that plugs in and looks like there are real flames coming from it. Since I wasn't celebrating with a group this year, just my husband and I lit the candles, gave our thanks to the Mother and ate a lovely meal.
As b-57 said: Welcome Autumn!

Dream of the Circle of Women
by Dahti Blanchard
published May 2004 by Spilled Candy Books
visit: www.dahtiblanchard.com

#77884 - 09/23/05 12:37 PM Re: Mabon
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Although our seasonal changes are more subtle here in SoCali, thank you Pattyann for reminding me of the cycle and blessing us all.

#77885 - 09/23/05 05:25 PM Re: Mabon
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you for sharing the blessings and the explanation of this wonderful tradition and celebration.

#77886 - 09/23/05 06:52 PM Re: Mabon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for introducing me to another celebration. It sounds so warm and peaceful. I've made a note to do a Mabon Google search. May your peacefulnees carry on.

#77887 - 09/26/05 04:29 PM Re: Mabon
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Thank you for the blessing and putting into words what we are begining to feel at this time of year. The cocooning was a great description.

How do you pronounce Mabon and where did the word come from? I like it and so far really like your spirituality. Where can I learn more without being inundated with more information than I can assimilate at one time? I would like to learn more at simple stages since life is quite full at this household.

Thanks,
Lynn

#77888 - 09/27/05 12:22 AM Re: Mabon
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Hi, Lynn,
Mabon is pronounced either may-bone or mah-bahn
You can learn a little about wicca from www.spiralgoddess.com or if you prefer a book I like Simple Wicca by Michele Morgan- it's a basic primer that explains simply a complicated path

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved