The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#213611 - 06/29/11 02:01 AM What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jan Cullinane is my guest on this last June 2011 NABBW teleseminar.

The New Retirement : What You Must Know and Do Now

I hope you will join me on the call. We are back to an evening call time: 8 PM Eastern this Thursday June 30th.

Of course the live call is free and you can invite friends to listen as well. Details on the link above.

Edited by Anne Holmes (06/29/11 02:03 AM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213618 - 06/29/11 06:36 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Please share the info about this call with your friends. I know it will be information-packed, and the live calls are always open to the public - as well as free. Our guests always provide a TON of info, too!

Again, here is the link to the details: The New Retirement with Jan Cullinane
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214304 - 08/11/11 07:42 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What an informative article Anne.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214817 - 09/27/11 10:19 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So many of the people here in the resort I live in are NOT retiring as planned because of losses in the poor market!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#215116 - 10/21/11 08:06 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

I know what you mean, Chatty. There are Boomers all over the country who worry that they can't afford to retire.

That's why I am inviting all our members to attend a FREE teleseminar Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (Central Time). Presented by IMMN, the International Mature Marketing Network, this call features retirement journalist and author Mark Miller, author of "The Hard Times Guide to Retirement Security: Practical Strategies for Money, Work and Living." He’ll outline the key trends affecting Boomers’ personal finances, career and lifestyle trends.

Here's where to register.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216344 - 02/04/12 11:49 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

As we've often discussed here, for many of us, the concept of retiring is just not something we allow ourselves to think about.

Ask many Boomers when they plan to retire and the answer you get back is, “Never. I expect I’ll be working until they put me in my grave.” I know I'm one of the many who say this...

Which is why I was so delighted when NABBW added Pamela J. Sams, CRPC, to our Associate list, dubbing her NABBW’s Retirement Planning Expert.

Pam understands.

She’s heard it all before. (After all, the CRPC after her name stands for “Certified Retirement Planning Counselor.”)

In her “day job,” which she’s been doing for the past 10 years, she helps women and their families improve their personal and financial wealth through good financial planning.

So for this month's NABBW teleemianr series, we’ve asked Pamela to share some of the changes she’s been seeing lately which impact retirement, and she’s agreed.

She’ll be our guest expert on two NABBW teleseminars focused on retirement planning. You’ll want to mark your calendars now for these two calls.

Especially if you’d like help finding answers to important questions like these:
• When should I retire?
• How much will I need?
• Where should I be saving my retirement dollars?
• What are my income sources in retirement?
• What is available from Social Security?
• What if I'm getting close to retirement and don't have enough?
• How am I going to spend my time and how will I make it count?
• If I don’t have health insurance in retirement, how much is health care going to cost?
• Do I need a financial adviser to help me with my retirement investments?
• What’s the best way to take money out of my retirement accounts when the time comes?

The dates for our two teleseminars are coming up fast!

"Top 5 Ways to Prepare for a Successful Retirement" is Thursday February 9th at 8 PM Eastern
"5 More Tips for Planning a Successful Retirement" follows a week later: February 16th. Again at 8 PM Eastern, which of course, is 7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain and 5 PM Pacific.

Click the links above for details on how to access these calls. You can join us by phone, on the web, and even via Skype. And you’ll be able to ask Pam questions during the call. So plan now to join us!

And if you're already retired, no worries. Pamela will still have good stuff to share...) So be sure to tell your friends, and mark your calendars. The live calls are free, of course, as usual. the recording will only be available to Gold Level NABBW members in good standing.)

And our retired futures await!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216371 - 02/08/12 05:16 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: Anne Holmes]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Anne, our church night is Thursday night. I hope I can access the recordings. I'll check into that! Sounds very helpful.

#216375 - 02/08/12 08:39 PM Re: What You Must Know and Do Now So You Can Retire [Re: DonnaJ]
Boomer in Chief

Donna, We DO record all our teleseminars. That usually works quite well.

The LAST teleseminar we did, we had some challenges with the recording and I have to get it cleaned up before I can post it. It's sort of a funny story though: We were talking with Dr. Diana Kirshner - and it was the third teleseminar I've done with her. She's such a great guest!!

I didn't know about this in advance, but apparently there was a flood in her home the day before the call, so she'd moved to a hotel, but ever the trouper, she planned to carry on with the event.

So as not to allow for any glitches, she then confirmed with the hotel's front desk that she would be on a long call, so there would be no problem with her using the room phone for an hour. They said it should be fine. But we were disconnected three times.

I had no idea what was going on until it was over, but I kept the line open, and she kept dialing in...

Which means that on the recording, you hear me introduce her, for example, then invite her to say a few words -- and there's dead air.

LOL! Our NABBW teleseminar events are never boring!!

Anyway, I am hoping for "smooth sailing" with these two calls with Pam, and do hope as many BWS fans as possible will call in.

Again, the calls are tomorrow, February 9th and the following Thursday the 16th:

"Top 5 Ways to Prepare for a Successful Retirement" is the call we're doing tomorrow, Thursday February 9th at 8 PM Eastern

"5 More Tips for Planning a Successful Retirement" is NEXT Thursday, February 16th. Again at 8 PM Eastern, which of course, is 7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain and 5 PM Pacific.

Click the links above for details on how to access these calls. You can join us by phone, on the web, and even via Skype. And you’ll be able to ask Pam questions during the call. So plan now to join us!

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved