The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#144368 - 03/10/08 08:32 PM Time change
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Started walking early mornings again last week and it was perfect. Now the time's changed and it's dark again. Nothing like walking in a new day, but I really don't like walking in the dark. It's just not the same. The light does me just as much good as the walking.

Spring's coming. What's everyone doing for exercise?

#144369 - 03/11/08 08:04 PM Re: Time change
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to start moving more. I'm not getting near enough exercise. I am FAT!!! And out of shape, which you ladies coming here in April will see. But now the weather is nicer I will be 'pool walking' everyday and hopefully walking the resort. Its nice in here and the streets are wide and great for walking or bike riding. I am looking for a new bike, mine finally fell apart. It was second hand, maybe third, who knows?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#144370 - 03/11/08 08:23 PM Re: Time change [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, girlfriend...not to worry. I put the F in Fluffy! I'm coming to see YOU, not if you are fat, skinny, yellow, green, or anything else...just YOU! And I can't wait! Wuhoo! What's the countdown?

#144371 - 03/12/08 05:37 AM Re: Time change [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At least when I walk towards my worksite, the sun is starting to break over the mountins..amongst the construction cranes and stuff.

Still feels abit chilly to cycle part way to work..we'll see in a few weeks. I only cycle on weekends and holidays during our milder (compared to Northeastern continent) winters.

#144372 - 03/12/08 06:24 AM Re: Time change [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My jaw muscels are getting a work out. Been gabbing away too much. Now if only the rest of the body would follow.
Chatty, I have the same problem. My cold set me back to the pace of a wandering sand dune.
I need the motivation. Thanks Dotsie.

#144373 - 03/12/08 08:26 AM Re: Time change [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Winter has finally broken here in Minnesota. It's been a long one! The extra hour of light at night has me walking, too. Every night this week I have gone out for a little while. My goal is to walk at least 30 minutes each night.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#144374 - 03/12/08 01:07 PM Re: Time change [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My jaw muscles have been getting a work out too, but it's not from jabbing, it's from eating. So hear are more pounds being added to the Vegas gathering!

Anno, what a relief. It's bad enough here in Baltimore. I can't imagine where you are.

We should begin a walking club and add our minutes every time we walk. Let's see how many minutes we can walk thsi spring as a group. It might motivate us.

#144375 - 03/12/08 01:46 PM Re: Time change
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a great idea. When should we start? Maybe we should have a fresh post that says something like
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE or something like that?
Walk-a-Mile-in-my-shoes?
Gone Walking?
B-Walkers?
Got A Minute?
A Mile A Minute?

Whatttt? I'm walking anywhere from 20-30 minutes a day. Most days it falls about 25...It clears my head.

#144376 - 03/12/08 11:11 PM Re: Time change [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, JJ, start this post. I am in!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#144377 - 03/12/08 11:19 PM Re: Time change [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:

I have to start moving more. I'm not getting near enough exercise. I am FAT!!! And out of shape, which you ladies coming here in April will see.

Oh Chatty, my sentiments exactly! I was wondering how I could lose 25 lbs before mid-April...

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved