The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214117 - 08/01/11 10:32 PM Becoming a Senior
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I find that since becoming a senior I am far more careful than ever before. I refuse to do things that could be dangerous to an older body. I move slower most of the time and am just plain careful with things I never even thought about before. I am re-defining my activities, which inturn re-define my life in general. Have any of you noticed yourself being more careful now that your seniors?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214147 - 08/03/11 02:45 AM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: chatty lady]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Physically, yes. I'm more careful. Otherwise, I'm more daring! I'm more willing to try new things and to heck with whether or not I'll be embarrassed. I've learned to say "yes" instead of "no" or even "maybe." It's liberating.

#214288 - 08/10/11 05:39 PM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: Sandy N.]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I hate the aging process. But considering the alternative,
what choice do we have. I'm more careful. When young I did
all sorts of foolisness: snowmobiling, horseback riding, driving too fast, smoking, staying up all night, etc., etc. Now I don't do any of those things.

#214404 - 08/21/11 10:19 PM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Me either jabber but am glad for the foolishness I did experience when younger, it was so much fun and now I have memories.

#214407 - 08/22/11 01:01 AM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: chatty lady]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
Hi Chatty Lady, I have found, I'm even driving differently. I'm avoiding highways when I can. I'm definitely not the person I used to be in my '69 Chevelle.

#214409 - 08/22/11 01:33 PM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: lindasusan]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
I am grateful for the memories, too. I know what you mean.

lindasusan,
I'm driving more carefully, too. So many other drivers are talking on cell phones while operating vehicles, it's a bit unsettling.

#214440 - 08/23/11 10:55 PM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Lindasusan, me neither when driving, I use to have a heavy foot but no more! I don't do anything the same these days, ugh!

#214548 - 09/01/11 12:07 AM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: Sandy N.]
RachdGrm Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sandy- what a great perspective and I have to share the sentiment.

I guess in response, I have to start out with at what age do you define "senior?" I think part of growing older is preserving that youthful mentality. Not that I am wreckless by any means, but at the same time, I can't let my age affect how I enjoy life. I like to remain active but at the same time, I know my body is not what it used to be. Yes *sigh* I drive slower, yes *sigh* it takes me longer to get out of my chair, yes *sigh* my knees crack when I bend down... such is life but like Sandy said, I am more prone to have a "sure, I will try it" mentality. Great topic!

#214558 - 09/01/11 02:09 PM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: RachdGrm]
jabber Offline

I was raised with great examples of keeping active all through life. Adoptive parents and maternal grandparents were active
into their 80s and 90s. Keep on keeping on is what they taught! And so I do. In my mind age 85 and up are seniors!

#214760 - 09/22/11 12:12 AM Re: Becoming a Senior [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are so funny jabber, thinking not until 85 is a senior. We really do neecd to keep active all througth our lives or we age too fast and our bodies break down much to fast...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved