The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#198625 - 01/28/10 12:40 AM Ideas for divorce "care package".
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Ladies,

I'd like some input as to what to give a loved one who is needing some TLC. Other than some of our products, what else might be good. Maybe a GOOD book that is VERY helpful; or that certain "just what I needed during this time". Maybe a CD or, well, I don't know. But something useful/beneficial.

This person does not live nearby so it has to be small/mailable.

Thanks!

#198626 - 01/28/10 01:29 AM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
After a divorce or death, whatever, your loved one or just a friend may be suffering from, try visiting them. Show your face and take them some pastry and be prepared to spend some quality time there with them, maybe help do up some dishes, make a few beds, anything that will get their mind on you and what you are doing. BUT also be ready to LISTEN to what they are saying. If nice enough take a walk outside in the fresh air or a drive. But be willing to be there "IN PERSON" to show your support and caring... When widowed twice and wanting to die myself, those people coming to my home just to sit with me, let me cry, hold my hand if needed are the ones I remember best and appreciated the most... If they are too far away then by all means do send them something nice.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198634 - 01/28/10 01:58 AM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, too far.........across the pond! Listening is what I've done for a long time....she needs something "touchable" now.....

Any more ideas!!

#198659 - 01/28/10 07:45 AM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
A "build her up book" is something I think I would devour.
A CD might make her cry...wouldn't want that.
I think an encouraging book is just the right thing.

#198703 - 01/29/10 01:41 AM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If I may be so bold to suggest a nice afghan she can snuggle in and feel warm and secure...!

#198727 - 01/29/10 05:04 PM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: chatty lady]
Anne-MarieH Offline

Loc: Canada
Would she like a journal? A safe place where she could write her private thoughts, fears and accomplishments, big and small. I've done this and found it very therapeutic. A year later, I reread my entries and was amazed at how far I had come in that timeframe. Truly encouraged me to move on with my life.

#198729 - 01/29/10 07:09 PM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: Anne-MarieH]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about some nice tea or coffee?

Maybe a book of inspirational quotes?

#198738 - 01/30/10 12:26 AM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Anne-MarieH, Journaling is a wonderful way to bring ones thoughts to the forefront and rereading them a year or so later says alot to the writer about themseves. Hopefully they see an improvement in their life and learn from past mistakes. Great idea!

#198907 - 02/01/10 10:15 PM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I* hate divorce, especially when it isn't a decision made by both parties. One person always gets hurt due to their partners lack of kindness and dedication, also their selfishness. Divorce sucks!!!

#200879 - 03/14/10 01:44 PM Re: Ideas for divorce "care package". [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't think its the gift as much as the thought that matters...this is why maybe even sending her cards consistantly for awhile could help! Its amazing how a simple card with encouraging words can really uplift someone who is feeling alone.

I send brownies through my company....chocalate is the answer to all of the worlds' woes. I don't know what they would charge to send them accross the pond!

Di, being a friend is the greatest gift you can give her. I had two or three people when I went through my divorce who were my strength!

You are a treasure for caring and supporting!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved