The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217521 - 07/10/12 06:08 PM There IS life after divorce!
Jan Masters Offline

Loc: South Florida
I've been there! Got divorced in '83 and met my current husband soon after that. We are soul mates and have been together for 29 years this summer! The thing is you DO have to work on yourself and your issues to become the woman for whom your ideal guy is really a match. Then you will see magic happen. IT happened to me..and I worked my butt off on my stuff...
Once you get past the blame game in divorce, then you can really take a look at yourself and your part it all of it. I know we HATE to do that, but blame keeps YOU stuck and you can't grow that way.
Anyway...just wanting to shine a ray of hope here. xo

SPARKLE ON!

Jan **::**
www.facebook.com/everydayjoycoaching
www.twitter.com/janmasters

#217530 - 07/11/12 04:06 AM Re: There IS life after divorce! [Re: Jan Masters]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jan, you may be "preaching to the choir" here: I agree with you that there is life after divorce, and there are several other active members here in the forum who have also lived through divorce and experienced a better life with husband #2.

Not sure it always takes "working your butt off," on "your own issues." Sometimes the first husband just turns out to be a jerk who doesn't understand the concept of fidelity. Or he becomes an abusive drunk. In other words, sometimes WE leave THEM...

In my case, all it took me to find my soul mate was perseverance -- it was a huge effort to find time -- between my hours at work and my life as a parent -- to get myself out of the house and meet new people.

To do so I joined church committees, a political party, a business club and a gym as I am not and never was a "bar person."

Eventually (OK almost 5 years and a number of frogs later) magic happened: I met the my prince, sparks flew and we were married less than a year after we met. That was 25 years ago.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217532 - 07/11/12 02:04 PM Re: There IS life after divorce! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
IMHO it's unwise for women to go looking for husband-material in bars. The guys that hang out in bars, will probably still be hanging out in bars after they're married. Glad you found mister right!

#217535 - 07/11/12 08:37 PM Re: There IS life after divorce! [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I'm sure you're right about that Jabber.

My only enjoyable "bar time" was in college. A big group of us used to go to a college bar after hockey games. Hockey was a big sport at the UW Madison at that time. Herb Brooks - later famous as the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Coach -- the was the UW coach.

We never went to bars after football games, though. I'm not sure why - maybe it was due to the time of the game being in the afternoon - while hockey games were at night.

Anyway, after football games we would go to dinner and then head off to a frat house for the evening. Beer was consumed at the frat house, but never during the game.

But I digress... (isn't that a good speech Kurt Russell delivers in the role of Herb Brooks?)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217540 - 07/12/12 11:19 PM Re: There IS life after divorce! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Did the bar scene in college, too. Know what ya mean! Could watch Kurt Russell in any role, who cares what he says!!! LOL...

#221409 - 07/30/18 11:22 PM Re: There IS life after divorce! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Sometimes divorce can be the beginning to a great life and and an end to a bad one.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved