The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#191656 - 10/13/09 03:17 PM Newspapers, magazines- politics
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Which newspapers, magazines do you read for political news...on a regular basis? Or is it strictly tv news channels?

#191666 - 10/13/09 05:07 PM Re: Newspapers, magazines- politics [Re: orchid]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Good question. For political news I read Newsweek, Time Magazine, and Creators.com which carries just about every liberal and conservative syndicated political column in the country. For national TV coverage, I do ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and FOX news. My husband and I also do BBC, since they carry better overall coverage of US news and global happenings. On Sunday morning I almost never miss "This Week" with ABC News' Chief Correspondent George Stephanopoulos (liberal), whom I adore, along with his roundtable staple, George Will (conservative). I'm just now starting to follow Chris Wallace on "Fox Sunday."

Can you tell I tape a LOT? lol

I was very disappointed when White House Communications Director Anita Dunn said Sunday on CNN that Fox News is an extension of the Republican party, despite the fact that in my opinion, unlike certain other news shows, Fox news does present the news, as it happens, without bias. (see Rasmussen polls) Their commentating non-news shows contain both right AND left positions, which is why more and more Democrat, Republican and Independent people are tuning in.

I wonder if Far Left Obama will soon outright ban any media source which is not favorable to him.

When I was in KMart yesterday, I saw basketballs for sale, all with Obama's picture on them.

Folks, I'm thinking we are now getting into deep doodoo propaganda territory.

Jiminy Christmas!!! oops. My bad. I meant to say: Jiminy Winter Holidays!

#191676 - 10/13/09 08:47 PM Re: Newspapers, magazines- politics [Re: Josie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The Times and The Economist. I also subscribe to Private Eye for political satire.

The BBC definitely more than any other. It is accountable to the public and, vicariously, does one heck of a good job where it concerns scurrilous politicians or government policies which do not sit well with the public. Quite the value for money in terms of our TV Licence. The public does not have to read the newspapers really to be on top of what is topical with government politics. One gets to watch Parliament at work on TV, on a 24-hour basis. Then, there's also Question Time hosted by David Dimbleby, which is when the public gets to debate or slate MP's on topical issues.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved