The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194700 - 11/26/09 06:58 PM Just want so say "hi"
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I´ve been browsing here for awhile..after quite a long time. And I just wanted to stop in and say "hi".

It´s Thanksgiving for you in the US..so I want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with good food (for better or worse :)) and surrounded by your loved ones..present and passed.

Hugs and take care..for now.

#194702 - 11/26/09 09:44 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hello
how are you...Thanksgiving in Sweden ? do you adhere to tradition Humlan?
it good to recall traditions.On Saturday we have our patron saints day.St Andrew's day.We will be in that city then.Its a city because it has a catherdral.many activities are planned.

#194709 - 11/27/09 02:08 AM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi and thanks Humlan! I'm reading here before we make dinner. It's 6pm Cali right now.

Poet and essayist

#194728 - 11/27/09 06:08 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: meredithbead]
humlan Offline

aaa..that means that you guys are going to have a late dinner according to American standards! Right? By now you´ve had your dinner and eaten too. Hope you had a cozy time. I like Thanksgiving..

#194729 - 11/27/09 06:23 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Hi Mountain Ash!

Thanks for asking! smile My feet are on the ground and my head is up. I am walking on my own steam..and I guess my brain is still sort of functioning..in a manner of speaking. So I am ok, dear friend.

I did adhere to traditions alot while my kids were still at home..but now I am getting lazy..and kind of let them pass by. But not quite unnoticed. I celebrate them in my heart..and in my memories. But somehow, this year, Christmas means very much to me..all the pretty lights in the darkness..and the "feeling of Christmas" everywhere. It moves me..and sooths my tired and scarred heart..do you know what I mean?

I am reading a book by Robin Pilchner..it takes place in Scotland. And it describes some of the festivals that you have there..they mean alot to your countryman, don´t they? Is St. Andrew the patron saint of your country? Is that what you mean? What do you do to celebrate?

No, Thanksgiving in the US. I suppose that I am reminded of it because, as you know, one of my daughters lives there and now even my younger son. So there is alot of talk of Thanksgiving on their facebooks..and I remembered how much I like this special day. Because we DO have so much to be thankful for..don´t we? And it´s nice to have a special day to do it on..and to meet with loved ones at dinner tables overflowing with good food..especially the Thanksgiving turkey, sweet potato and pumpkin pie. Eventho I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie. smile

#194730 - 11/27/09 06:49 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Robin is the son of Rosalind who has written many books..Shell Seekers which was adapted for theatre and may others.Rosalind lives not too far away sets some of her books in Scotland some in Cornwall.she is a dignified older lady who when she moved home bought her daily help a car so they sould still be employer/employee..the daily help is known to a friend..

St Andrew..we share his protection as patron saint with Greece.His bones were shipwrecked in a town here therafter known as St Andrews.
Saturday we go there and mix with others..Then next day Advent..a good time of year here.

#194731 - 11/27/09 06:51 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

#195001 - 12/01/09 08:54 PM Re: Just want so say "hi" [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Thank you so much, Mountain Ash! I had no idea that Robin and his mom came from your area!

I will get back to you when I have checked out your link about St. Andrew`s Day! I really have to run now..I am going to watch an old film on TV based on the old Twilight Zone series. Steven Spielberg has a hand in the film,too.

Please tell me about your festival and the time you had there

smile

#195236 - 12/06/09 02:34 PM Re: Just want to say "hi" [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Thank you for your link! Now I know the whole story of St Andrew. I actually remembered it, after reading it again, from my school days.

I enjoyed looking thru the site. Your festivals..and you seem to have alot of them in Scotland, seem like so much fun. And very often include your Scotish litterature in one way or another. I never knew there was so much. And you Scots must still enjoy reading..which isn´t always true nowadays in the IT world. I still love to read..don´t always get the time I want to do so..but that´s because I may be sitting here at computer,too wink And also because right now I have tired of my thrillers and detective stories and am looking for "new" things to read. But that´s fun,too.

Thanks again smile

#195243 - 12/06/09 05:36 PM Re: Just want to say "hi" [Re: humlan]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It's good to see you, Humlan. Hugs to you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved