Abstinence is best!!!

Posted by: chatty lady

Abstinence is best!!! - 12/22/09 01:55 AM

But if you must drink during the holidays, drink in moderation and be safe for yourself and others, and hopefully no one here is into party drugs, yuk, phooey!!! Be smart and be safe and be back in one piece after New Years Eve.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 12/23/09 09:19 PM

Me either!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 12/28/09 02:34 PM

Nor do I! If people want to drink, they should stay home and not
endanger other lives!

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 12/28/09 05:03 PM

Alcohol is a weapon, why waste anyone's life for a few hours of bliss? A few hours can cost lifetimes.

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 12/29/09 01:39 PM

IMO, drugs and booze either makes a person dumb, sick, or dead.

Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 12/30/09 02:23 PM

ROME, Ga. – Planning to drink and drive this New Year's? A north Georgia funeral home has a deal for you.

Between now and noon Thursday, drivers can visit McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome to sign a contract stating they plan to drink or take drugs and then drive on New Year's Eve. If they die in a wreck that day, the funeral home will give them a free burial.

Services included in the package are a casket, grave, limousine and preparation of remains.

Funeral home officials said the program is designed to save lives by making partygoers think twice about drinking and driving.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/12/29/20091229funeral-home-drunk-drivers-CR.html

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 12/31/09 12:17 AM

They ought to make them view a body that was in a car wreck!!! That should do the trick, but probabloy won't! Most drunks are idiots!

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/02/10 01:58 AM

They said that on the strip there were no scuffles and that less tickets were given this year than ever before for drunken driving. Thats fantastic!

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/06/10 11:27 PM

Now that's a great deal, Mustang!!!

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/07/10 02:21 PM

Funerals cost mucho dinero! Of course, once U R dead, why you'd
care, is beyond me!

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/14/10 12:56 AM

I agree Jabber, when you're dead, you're dead, right?????? Unless you believe we hang around awhile.

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/14/10 01:41 PM

I am coming back and visiting each and every one of my friends on this sitre, he, he, and thats the truth...

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/14/10 07:39 PM

Hope Heaven has horses and animals along with cool springs and warm grass in which to lay. Thats what I'm looking forward to.
Posted by: humlan

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/14/10 07:57 PM

Chatty..now you´re REALLY scaring me..I will never be able to sleep again!!! You are a formidable lady..and I am not sure I want you swishing around over here in Sweden cool ..but then again..you are from Vegas..so I wonder if you would haunt around here in Sweden..what do you say??? grin

Of course..if I go first, lady..you CAN BE SURE I will FIND YOU now that you have made your threat here on this thread!!!!

Actually..we could have alot of laughs going around and "visiting" our friends here..now that I think of it!!!

grin grin grin

PS..an offer of a free burial sounds VERY POSITIVE..in any condition..inebriated or not..Funerals are VERY expensive!!!!
Posted by: Josie

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/15/10 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MustangGal
Hope Heaven has horses and animals along with cool springs and warm grass in which to lay. Thats what I'm looking forward to.

Well, I'm hoping to find a peaceful heavenly spot near where my sisters are, and it'd be great if there were a HUGE library and a HUGE TV screen with LOTS of diverse programming. ( not everything should be on the order of "Touched By an Angel" lol)

PS: No animals or insects in my section. Just nice people.

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/22/10 03:27 PM

I want to go to doggie heaven; hope it'll have horses too!
See you there, Mustang! We'll have a ball!

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/22/10 07:54 PM

At the current costs, you can't afford to be born, get sick, or die! Best live in the spiritual realm!

This was supposed to be funny. Guess I missed that target!
Posted by: greene

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/27/10 02:27 PM

That should do the trick, but probabloy won't! Most drunks are idiots! [/quote]

...or seriously ill. Either way I wish there was a way to keep them off the roads. It can be jail or a hospital/rehab, whatever it takes to keep the roads safe.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/27/10 02:34 PM

Kathy, please notice your name change. You'll need to remember this if it is what you use to "log in" with.

Re: Funeral home offers drunk drivers free burial - 01/27/10 02:58 PM

Thanks jawjaw!

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 01/27/10 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: jabber
IMO, drugs and booze either makes a person dumb, sick, or dead.

In AA circles they say that they lead to 'jails, hospitals or death', for those sick with it I think this is all too true.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 01/27/10 03:37 PM

Could never become alcoholic: It only takes less than 1/2 glass of wine before I get slightly tipsy, flushed face, etc. A lifelong annoying problem especially at biz functions and weddings.

But it is a blessing in disguise since too much drink means weight gain also.

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 01/27/10 07:27 PM

Unfortunately it is the 'slightly tipsy' feeling that many alcoholics are trying to recreate over and over.

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 01/28/10 01:42 AM

I have told people countless times in as many social functions, that I am allergic to alcohol and break out in horrid blisters if I have even one drop. Shuts them right up and they never bug me again to, "oh come on just have one little drinky."

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 01/28/10 01:51 AM

I've felt like saying 'i'll break out in rehab' a few times, but, seriously, just carrying around a ginger ale seems to work for me.
For me, the best stategy is to stay away from drinking occassions.

Re: Abstinence is best!!! - 02/03/10 08:56 PM

Me too!