Coping with loss

Posted by: LGood67334

Coping with loss - 08/01/08 04:12 AM

Loss of a loved one can consume the survivor. Sometimes journaling can help. Sometimes sharing that journaling with others who are suffering can help even more.

You Want Me To Do What? is a five-week workshop, conducted through group e-mails, that uses journaling to relieve caregiver stress. For information about whether this program can help you, contact facilitator B. Lynn Goodwin, Lgood67334@comcast.net, and put “Journaling” in the subject box. Lynn is a veteran of over six years of caregiving, a freelance writer and editor, and a former college and high school teacher. Her definition of caregiving includes more people than you can imagine. Check out her work at Writer Advice, www.writeradvice.com.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Coping with loss - 08/02/08 10:06 AM

I am confused is this for widows and widowers or for care givers? I've seen it three times so far today in this forum.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Coping with loss - 08/09/08 01:24 PM

I believe loss is like every other traumatic experience: You learn to live with it. The one you've loss, is always there in your heart. You have and cherish their spirit; you look forward to joining them for all eternity, someday; and thoughts of them
put a smile on your face. You'll always miss them, always love them, and they'll always be with you. Thoughts of them comfort
your soul! Life teaches you many things you'd rather not know!
Most times, they're lessons you can't learn from books. And, like riding a bike, they're lessons you never forget!!!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Coping with loss - 08/09/08 03:34 PM

Soul-comforting wisdom, Jabber. Thank you.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Coping with loss - 08/10/08 03:04 PM

Thank you Eagle Heart. I was talking from the soul but don't know how much wisdom was entwined. Glad you found comfort in there somewhere.
Prayers and blessings,
a boom sister
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Coping with loss - 08/11/08 12:06 AM

Well Jabber, your comment hit home for me. No matter how many years pass by, I still think of and hold both my close losses in my heart. I have lost others as well, but my two husbands have been the worse losses, and my mind never lets me forget. Just when I think I have BAM something happens to bring on a memory and the blubbering starts or even better, it makes me smile a wide remembering smile.