It CAN Be Done...

Posted by: chatty lady

It CAN Be Done... - 12/03/10 12:36 AM

I stepped on my scale on November 30th. to see what damage I may have done during the Thanksgiving holiday. I stepped on and off that scale several times, not believing what I was seeing....I had LOST 3 lbs. Not a ton I agree but the first time in my entire life I lost weight during the holidays, and hadn't dieted or been all that careful... WOW! Hope I can do the same in December.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: It CAN Be Done... - 12/03/10 08:12 PM

Good for you, Chatty!! I haven't been willing to step on my scale yet...
Posted by: 1prohealthy

Re: It CAN Be Done... - 12/22/10 12:50 AM

Great job!

Sometimes when we focus so much on what we're suppose to eat, we may in fact cause unwanted stress to eat more. Settling down to relax and enjoy the moment pays high dividends!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: It CAN Be Done... - 12/22/10 08:09 AM

Distraction works for me too. If I'm passionate about some project, I don't get hungry. Infact I forget all about eating. That happens when I paint, write, or sometimes even chat at my computer.
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: It CAN Be Done... - 02/09/11 02:04 PM

I went on a cruise with 7 gal pals the last week of January. Was bound and determined to enjoy myself, but didn't want to gain weight. I had dessert every night. I took exercise clothes and never put them on (I like classes but the schedule on ship didn't work for me). We walked a lot and took the stairs every single time no matter where we were going on ship (our cabin was on deck 2 and the pool was on 10!!) I ate light at breakfast and lunch, but ate what I wanted for dinner -- including dessert. I came home and reluctantly stepped on my scale the next morning......something I do every day when I'm home. I had gained a total of 1 pound!! It Can Be Done!!

I had an absolutely wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat!!