Deodorant stick

Posted by: Di

Deodorant stick - 12/07/08 05:29 PM

Does anyone use those Crystal Deodorant Sticks approved by the ACS?

What do you think?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/08/08 12:21 AM

I'm not sure what they are. Can you splain?

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/08/08 01:24 AM

I think it's a "salt" stick. All you do is wet it and apply. It really does not "wear out". It costs a bit more but no chemicals do on your armpits.

My understanding is that regular antiperspirants clog your pores...But the stick..which I get in Walgreen's, leaves no "stinky!" I like them!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/08/08 11:08 AM

A swipe after your shower in the morning or whenever with a cotton ball dampened in alcohol, will keep you dry and fresh for 12 hours at least, then just swipe again with a cotton ball and alcohol. No chemicals and it doesn't clog the pores and is completely safe. Alcohol is about a buck and a half for a great big bottle, so its cheap too.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/08/08 01:18 PM

Really, Chatty? I've never heard of that one. Deodorants and such never bothered me until this age...only because all the chemicals we use are becoming scary to me.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/09/08 02:28 AM

I use the alcohol, too. Haven't used deodorant in several years now since I read about some of the chemicals and what they can do to our bodies. I know I can't live a totally chemical-free life, but I take care to control the things I can.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/09/08 07:36 PM

Dee I never heard of that salt stick, thingy.

Chatty,
I remember you telling us about this once before. I've got to
try that. They say a combination of alcohol and olive oil is a
good deterent for wrinkles.

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/09/08 09:46 PM

Not sure about the alcohol but olive oil sure is.

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/10/08 01:17 AM

I would think the alcohol would defeat the purpose the olive oil...since it (the alcohol) dries your skin.

Back to deodorant.......I've use the stick for some time now.Not had any problems w/it. They say it lasts about a year. Wonder if it wears out or it starts stinking!

I'll need to try the alcohol, chatty. But I just wonder about the drying properties.

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/10/08 02:27 PM

Di & Chatty,
It's called "cetearyl" alcohol and it keeps the skin from
losing moisture. I don't know. I'm just telling you what
the Net told me.

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/11/08 01:14 AM

I have used this method Di for many, many years now and my skin is as soft as a childs skin, everywhere. It does not seem to be a problem at least with me. I take a shower, use your wonderful, extremely lathering, smell good soaps and then dry off and use the alcohol. I also used it under each breast when I was getting a rash. It cleared it up when 'nothing' else would! No dryness there either.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/11/08 01:25 AM

So, does the stick really work? If so, I'll give it a try b/c I'm interested in natural products and healthier products.

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/11/08 01:40 AM

I love the stick, MustangGal.

Maybe I'll try the alcohol thing after the stick is gone....IF it ever wears out!

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/11/08 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: chatty lady
I take a shower, use your wonderful, extremely lathering, smell good soaps and then dry off and use the alcohol.

Ahhhh, then it's probably the soap that works the best!!!! LOL!!!

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/13/08 02:23 PM

Good job, Di. You instinctively jumped on that opportunity! Your grade for the day is A+...LOL

Re: Deodorant stick - 12/13/08 11:09 PM

I agree with jabber, you get an A+ for being sharp as a tack!!! And for making the best soap I have ever used.

Re: Deodorant stick - 01/16/09 04:28 PM

Dotsie, have you tried this yet? The longer I use the stick, the more I like it!

Re: Deodorant stick - 05/31/09 07:06 PM

Dotsie, have you tried it yet? I believe you will be amazed!

Just an update...my stepdaughter LOVES the Crystal and is VERY please. Nothing previously had ever worked for her. Also, I got a friend and her husband on it, too. and they BOTH are amazed. Just told my sister and niece, as well, to try it.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Deodorant stick - 06/01/09 08:03 PM

When I went to Walgreens, all they had was a roll on. I didn't get it because I didn't thikn that's what you were taling about.

Re: Deodorant stick - 06/01/09 09:17 PM

Interesting....yes I did see they had the liquid, but the crystal is better. Did you ask them if they will get it in? It's $6.99 here. I was just there.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Deodorant stick - 06/01/09 10:41 PM

Sheese, I only use something when it's hot, hot, hot. Perhaps I will roll on something once a week, when I worried about stinking something up that is only dry=cleanable.

Do any of you actually smell stinky anymore?

Re: Deodorant stick - 06/02/09 01:08 AM

I do.......but in all actuality, I do not need the Crystal daily. I just use it when I go "out in public"!
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: Deodorant stick - 06/02/09 11:51 AM

Ummm, yeah. It's already in the 90's here and we haven't gotten hot yet. I may have trouble remembering where I put stuff, but my glands haven't quit working at all.