When It's Over?

Posted by: chatty lady

When It's Over? - 03/23/11 01:04 AM

I am not sure when menopause begins or ends as I never suffered from many of the horrors women experience. Not one hot flash, dry anything or weight gain etc. My friends say I am a freak of nature never having experienced it. When do you think yours began and then ended?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: When It's Over? - 03/23/11 02:50 AM

My experience with peri-menopause was a never-ending nightmare. The worst part was enduring 3 years of constant heavy periods...the cycle was backwards, with 28 days of period and 5 days free! It was horrible, painful and exhausting. We traveled a lot during that time, and it was always such a challenge (and inconvenience) finding public bathrooms every two hours! The doctor and other menopausal women kept telling me it was normal. I still don't know if all of that WAS normal, because the uterine cancer was so small that it doesn't seem that it could have been the cause of all of that pain and suffering. Still, the hysterectomy has brought much welcome relief in so many ways, some I wouldn't have thought possible before the surgery! I love the freedom!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: When It's Over? - 04/10/11 08:52 PM

I use to take rejuvex when menopause began. Didn't have a
great deal of problems, but still get hotflashes now and again.
I am sleeping better these days. IMO it's probably different,
depending on the individual. The change mostly likely starts mid 40s and perhaps never totally stops???? Just guessing!

Re: When It's Over? - 04/12/11 01:20 PM

I had hot flashes this morning. Geese. What a bummer!

Re: When It's Over? - 04/14/11 01:20 PM

Now that I think about it, I've known ladies in their 80s claiming hot flashes still distressed 'em.

Re: When It's Over? - 04/15/11 01:40 PM

I see via news broadcasts that some man just died at the age of 114. Holy cow!!! And a lady in New England is till teaching school at age 97; that's amazing!