Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend!

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/16/14 01:27 AM

Happy weekend everyone! I'm signing off for the night, but we are working on major revisions to the NABBW site, so I'll be putting some time into that this weekend.

Hope the rest of you are off doing relaxing and fun stuff!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/16/14 02:40 AM

Isn't it mid August? Am I off a month?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/16/14 04:11 PM

You're right yonuh. It's mid-August already so soon. The summer has flown; I'm gonna miss it. And I know I'm not alone!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/16/14 07:03 PM

Summer is the one season I never, ever, miss. Way too hot here.

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/17/14 01:08 AM

What was I thinking? Of course it's mid-August. School is actually starting here! Sorry for that silly error!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/17/14 10:08 PM

Anne,
I love silly!

yonuh,
Summer here in the Northeastern USA is awesome. Love,love,love it. On the other hand, you have the best weather in the winter. Guess, we can't have it both ways, unless in Florida or California. But they have their issues.

Re: Mid July already! Enjoy the weekend! - 08/17/14 10:59 PM

Thanks for the support on my silly error! This has not been a normal summer here in NW Illinois from the point of view of heat and humidity. We're cloudy and in the mid-70s (F) today.

Which is fine by me! I am not a fan of hot and sticky humid summer days or nights.

And I'm not sure I would want to live in Florida or California. Not sure where I would move if I left the Midwest.

So enjoy your summer, Jabber! Winter will come whether we are ready for it or not... (I'm not a fan of the HBO show Game of Thrones, tho my husband thinks it is the best thing on TV. But I do know one of their catchphrases is "Winter is coming." And of course, we all know that is true.)