Wicked

Posted by: meredithbead

Wicked - 04/30/07 07:13 AM

Hubbo and I saw "Wicked" after my market today. This is a musical "prequel" to The Wizard of Oz. Absolutely fantastic!! The singing was phenomenal, costumes were gorgeous, really neat story line, and we had front row side seats! I don't know what cities this is playing in other than LA, but if you get a chance, go see it! It was my early birthday present
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Wicked - 04/30/07 12:12 PM

I love love musicals. Hope it comes to Germany!
Posted by: Dotsie

Post deleted by Dotsie - 05/01/07 04:33 AM

Re: Wicked - 05/01/07 11:11 PM

There's a lottery for $25 tickets (2 per person -- total 26 tickets) for the front row, which is regularly $88-$175. The hitch is you have to be there for the lottery. You sign up 2 1/2 hours before each show, and then wait 15 minutes till they draw names.

This was our 3rd week entering the lottery (which is free.) It was easy because I work at the farmers' market only 3 blocks from the Pantages, so I'd pack up my booth, we'd have lunch and then go to the lottery.

Driving from Anaheim, though, you'd have to have a plan for being in the city. You could call and see if they have the lottery weekdays; you might have a better chance of winning.

Re: Wicked - 05/04/07 01:39 PM

I have freinds who also saw it and loved it. It's on my list. I hope it comes to Baltimore. Meredith, when's your birthday?

Re: Wicked - 05/22/07 06:02 AM

Dotsie, TODAY! We figured we'd go to the lottery as many weeks as it took to get the cheaper tickets. 2 or 3 years ago, at the same theater (Pantages) we saw The Lion King, also for my birthday. I just choose what I want for my birthday and Hubbo goes along.

Re: Wicked - 05/23/07 02:23 PM

Hope you had a great day. Since you had already seen the show, what did you do on your big day?

Re: Wicked - 05/23/07 10:10 PM

Dotsie, see my post under Blessings/Joy
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Wicked - 05/23/07 10:11 PM

I've never heard of this. But then again, we don't have many plays around here. Well, unless you could WORLD WIDE WRESTLING. Ew.