Pinhole eyeglasses...

Posted by: jabber

Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/08/11 04:46 PM

Didn't know where to put this question. Researching info for a book, I came across an item called, pinhole eyeglasses.
Never heard of these before. Have any of you? If so, what's the point of such eyepieces?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/08/11 06:32 PM

I hadn't heard of them either, Jabber. But fortunately for all of us curious people, Google has. Here's a link to what I found out.

I have no idea if this really works or not. Anyone have any experience?

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/08/11 06:41 PM

I'm telling you, I couldn't believe I've lived this long and hadn't heard of such an invention. And it goes way, way back.
Geese. Go figure. The concept sounds interesting, but I can't imagine looking through such devices. Learn something new everyday!

I came across this info on Verizon/Yahoo; but it's a half dozen of one and six of the other! lol...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/09/11 12:03 AM

I just researched this, and from a physics standpoint, pinhole glasses should be effective. I suppose the only way to know is to try them. Maybe I will.

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/09/11 01:48 PM

yonuh,
They might be effective, I just never heard of them and you'd think by now, I would have! If you try them, let me know what conclusion you arrive at, please. Curious!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/09/11 05:58 PM

There are also pinhole cameras..from ancient times as well as present day

some partially sighted people have cloudy lens with a pinhole to maximize what they can see.Smaller hole...the object is sharper

Re: Pinhole eyeglasses... - 10/11/11 04:20 PM

I'm sure that's true, MA. But the info I saw on-line, had pinholes throughout both lenses, covering the entire glass within each frame. I don't get it. But whatever works!