TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors"

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/09/11 07:27 PM

NABBW is hosting a teleseminar this evening, which - as usual - is free and open to the public.

The topic will be of interest to writers and those who wannabe a writer.

I am interviewing NABBW's Entrepreneurial Authoring Expert Ronda Del Boccio on "Best Free Online Resources for Authors"

Here's the link to listen in via your computer, Skype and or your phone: Best Free Resources for Authors

We want this to be an interactive call, with listeners having time to ask questions AND share their favorite free resources and tools.

This call is all about tapping into the best free resources for writers - from publishing to freelance jobs to book promotion and motivational tools. At minimum we will be covering tools related to:

* Free self-promotion
* Writing prompts
* Reference sources for writers
* Places to publish
* Freelance job boards
* Writers forums
* And more

Hope all of you writers can make the call!

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/10/11 07:14 PM

As usual, Ronda was full of information, and we also had input from NABBW member Carolyn Howard-Johnson, who is just publishing the second edition of her book, "The Frugal Book Promoter: How to G...Publisher"

This book is available on Amazon or as a Kindle download.

Hope many of you were able to be on the call!
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/14/11 06:28 AM

Sorry I missed the seminar. It sounds like it was a good one. I was on a retreat at the ocean with three writing friends on the 9th. We had a great time and accomplished a lot too. I'll look into Ronda's book.

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/15/11 02:03 AM

Love the sound of a retreat at the ocean... Best I could do this weekend was a hotel overlooking Lake Michigan. IT can look like the ocean -- when you can't see the far shore... And, we had sunshine as well as rain, so lovely storm clouds over the Lake at times... And big waves. It was fun to see all the fisherman. Apparently many of them were fishing for salmon. Who knew?
Posted by: jabber

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/15/11 03:47 PM

Anne,
So you had fun at the wedding? Did you wear a pants suit or a silky type dress? Did everything go okay for the couple?

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/15/11 04:36 PM

Hi Jabber,

I did have a very nice time at the wedding. I'll write about it here in the "Marriage" section, to keep our topics from going too far astray.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/15/11 07:49 PM

I never knew there were salmon in Lake Michigan and I lived most of my life in Indiana/Illinois. We never caught anything but perch in Lake Michigan.

Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" - 08/15/11 08:26 PM

Hi Chatty,

Again, we are talking about this in the wrong section. but I'll be quick, and then if anyone wants to follow up on this, we can move to another discussion area.

I didn't know there were salmon in Lake Michigan either. But apparently there are two kinds found there: coho and chinook. Here's a link: Lake Michigan Angler