Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses

Posted by: TVC15

Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/09/04 12:00 AM

Has any of you taken any writing courses on-line? I've been thinking about it but don't know if they are worth the time. Has any one taken any good ones? Or know of any that I should stay away from?
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/09/04 04:17 AM

I have taken on-line courses. I do recommend anything taught by Kenyon Charboneaux or Cherly Wright. There are quite a few places that also offer short mini courses for free, I have taken a lot of those.

Cheryl and Kenyon both are affiliated with EasyWayToWrite web site and I have had success with there classes.

Sherri

Re: Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/11/04 11:50 PM

Thank you Sherri, I'll check them out. I've been thinking about doing it for a long time but was afraid it would be a waste of money and time.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/12/04 12:02 AM

Sometimes your local Barnes & Noble stores will have weekly writing classes. Borders too. I attended one quite a few years ago and it helped a lot and I enjoyed them very much. Free too.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/12/04 12:44 AM

I am all for the online courses as well, but let me say to not forget about your local library! Some libraries have courses on tape, and some even have "things" you can get over the internet...your virtual library...

I think the online course idea is a very good one and I've been checking into some myself lately...(not for me of course, there for a friend...uh huh, sure)

JJ

Re: Thoughts on On-line Writing Courses - 09/12/04 01:44 AM

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I wasn't aware of any writing classes at the book stores and libraries. I will definitely look in to them. Next problem, I'm new in my area and have no idea where the library is...??? I've got to get out more!