genie...?

Posted by: jabber

genie...? - 03/28/11 07:40 PM

Has anyone tried that new genie bra being advertising on TV?
Just wondered. confused
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: genie...? - 03/28/11 10:12 PM

My DIL has and says it is heavenly but I haven't tried one yet!

Re: genie...? - 03/29/11 01:04 PM

I have an order on the way. I'll let you know what I think of 'em. Finding the right bra has been a nightmarish event for
me lately. I even went and had myself measure, to no avail. They
recommended an uncomfortable size and haven't found a size that
doesn't leave red marks and hurts after any length of time.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: genie...? - 03/29/11 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: jabber
Finding the right bra has been a nightmarish event for
me lately. I even went and had myself measure, to no avail. They
recommended an uncomfortable size and haven't found a size that
doesn't leave red marks and hurts after any length of time.

Me too, Jabber! Finding a comfortable bra has been a fruitless experience in futility! Like you, I've been measured by experts, but still no luck. One bra pro spent a long time with me...she brought just about every bra in the store...she brought one with what she called the most sensitive underwire made...within minutes even she could see the reaction on my skin (I cannot wear underwire)...and she literally gave up. I eventually found one by Playtex that was comfortable enough and supportive, and bought 3. and that's the only one I can wear now.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: genie...? - 03/29/11 02:50 PM

I think part of the problem is that sizing isn't standardized whether it's bras or clothes. It's frustrating. I don't know how many times I've been 'fitted' for bras, and the bra might feel fine in the store, but after wearing it all day at work, I'm ready to throw it away. I have some camis with shelf bras that I end up wearing most of the time; they have elastic at the bottom of the 'shelf' so stay in place but there's not a lot of support. I'm sometimes tempted to just wrap a linen cloth around my boobs and go with that! smile

Re: genie...? - 03/29/11 05:44 PM

yonuh,
That's good. Your post made me laugh, "wrap in linen cloth": lol! If these genies are half as good as they claim, I'll be a happy camper. Will report back! You get 6, when ordering 1, so
we'll see. If I don't like 'em, they're going back!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: genie...? - 03/29/11 11:45 PM

I haven't seen any ads on TV for the Geniebra, but after seeing the comments here, I Googled on it and found a website which I am sharing, in case there are others like me who hadn't yet heard of it.

GenieBra

I'll wait to see what you have to say, Jabber, before I order, but it sure sounds like a wonderful product!

I definitely need new bras but I've been dreading going shopping for them because -- while I hate to admit it -- all of the ones I have that I actually wear are so old the printing on the size labels is gone, so I figured I was going to have to go to a department store and get fitted. Not that I can't do that, but the way they size these sounds so much easier...

Re: genie...? - 03/30/11 05:33 PM

Hi Anne,
That's the problem, sizes do not run true; this is so easy, just
pick the size tops you always get and walla. Here's hoping they're as good as they sound. The 6 bras with handling and shipping averaged out to almost $15.00 each; but I've paid more for bras I couldn't wear because they hurt. And that was
after being sized by a pro. I'll let ya know; they haven't arrived as yet. Think I turned the TV on on Sunday, and there they were. Actually I thought it was an answer to prayer. I've been searching for years to find comfortable bras.

Re: genie...? - 03/30/11 07:05 PM

Can't wait to hear your results. When I got dressed today, I found myself wishing those six bras were sitting in my drawer waiting for me...

Re: genie...? - 03/31/11 01:19 PM

I hear you!

Re: genie...? - 04/02/11 12:47 AM

The best most comfortable, no lines bra's and panties I ever got are from:

www.SOMA.com

The Video doesn't shows the panties but they are so comfortable and strong too.

Re: genie...? - 04/02/11 01:43 PM

If the genie doesn't live up to the hype, I'll try Soma. Thanks!
They look almost identical, however.

Re: genie...? - 04/02/11 11:09 PM

I agree, I just saw a commercial somewhere for the Soma brand.

Re: genie...? - 04/03/11 02:21 PM

I downloaded a copy of the geniebra order, placed on 3/26/11. If they don't get here pretty soon, I'll be disappointed. They're closed on Sunday; guess I'll check on the order status tomorrow.

Re: genie...? - 04/03/11 10:19 PM

I hope you get them soon - I want to hear what you think before I order some.

Re: genie...? - 04/04/11 03:05 PM

yonuh,
I just check on the status of the order, and site states,
"Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery." Since I ordered them on Saturday, the order wasn't processed until 3/28/11; I guess that means they ought to be here by 4/16. I'll certainly let you know if I'm happy with them or not. I used to love fancy undergarments and now all I care about is comfort!!!! lol, time really changes our likes and dislikes.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/16/11 12:26 AM

I like my Soma bras but saw the Genie commercial last night for the first time and decided to try one of those as well. I don't think we can have enough good bras!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/16/11 01:09 PM

I'm still waiting to get that order. I hope they're good
because I haven't found any comfortable bras yet. I might
try the Soma, too. We're funny. Aren't we?

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/17/11 10:18 AM

Well for $59.00 the Genie Brs had better be comfortable, geesh!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/17/11 06:19 PM

Yell, but you get six, supposedly. We'll see. Haven't got 'em yet! I hate when it takes forever to get an order. To me that shows a lack of business savvy. IMO there should only be a few days between date ordered and date delivered. I don't care if it's a book or an item of clothing. Ordered fur earmuffs the same day I ordered the bras and I've had the earmuffs for a week and a half already! Good grief. Take note: It's still snowing here. Can you believe it? I'm looking out the window and snow is coming down, sideways. Mercy! It's Palm Sunday for pete sakes.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/21/11 01:51 PM

Just checked on delivery of the Genie Bra and now the order
reads: Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery! You'll notice the
last time I checked delivery it said, 2 to 3 weeks. So they're
messing with me. I don't like that!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/22/11 01:32 PM

Deleting all negative statements: Don't want them to be misunderstood! wink

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/26/11 11:23 PM

Once they have our money that is what many companies do. Now if you pay with PayPal and they pull this you can file a grievance and your money is returned. Not sure how but they can do it and they will.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/27/11 01:26 AM

I checked their website after reading your comments, and it says:

Genie Bra Order Form

" Standard Delivery Time : 3 - 4 Weeks"

Maybe they are getting overloaded with orders?

Re: Genie Bras.. - 04/27/11 03:50 PM

I'm thinking, after all those TV commercials they were probably swamped with orders. I'm anxious to get them but am trying
to be patient. Don't think I was in that line when The Good Lord handed it out [patience, I mean!] LOL...

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/04/11 08:41 PM

Haven't gotten mine yet, how about you Jabber? I agree they must have been swamped. Some companys don't even make their products until the orders come in.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/05/11 01:06 PM

Chatty,
They just cancelled my order; no explanation, just cancelled.
I placed the order 3/26/11 and order was processed and confirmed 3/28/11 and they cancelled it yesterday, 5/4/11. I'm so disappointed; I was really looking forward to receiving this order. Guess I'll go to soma? Don't know what else to do.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/05/11 01:32 PM

Chatty,
I should've researched this company, first. Thinking how much
it must cost to advertise on TV, I assumed they were legit.
Wrong. I hope your order comes through without a problem.
After just looking at testimonies, it appears some order are fine and some are not. I'm in the latter category.

I findly got through via phone and the order was messed up
and I have to reorder and it'll take another 4 weeks to process if at all.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/07/11 04:16 PM

I re-ordered. Nobody told me the system of payment I was using
had been stopped. Businesses should alert the public if they
stop accepting various credit cards. Discover has fees attached
that eat into profits. We were using the internet automatic number generating system; the temperary numbers kept the prime digits from being stolen. I wasn't aware they'd stopped doing that automation. So I re-ordered. We'll see how long this order takes, using VISA. Hope you get your order okay, Chatty. I really, really want these bras. Haven't found a nice fitting bra in decades.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/07/11 08:32 PM

In case that bit about the automatically generated numbers is confusing, Discover had a system whereby, when you bought something online, they'd generate separate numbers for each
purchase. Nobody could steal your primary number, that way.
WB knew they stopped it. But didn't bother telling me. He isn't very talkative!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 01:00 AM

OMG! After reading what you wrote I called them today and they said all was in order and I should get them in 3 weeks. I hope so, I also really want them.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 12:44 PM

Chatty,
I hope U get them just fine. My problems are mostly a lack of
communications with WB; not the genie bra company. But their
rating with the BBB isn't that great. That's a bit troublesome.
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 12:52 PM

They look like great bras -- something I would really be comfortable in and from the pictures I love the style and think the price is really reasonable at $59 for 6, but I'm not going thru all that to get them! If they're on TV sooner or later they'll show up in some store. for now, I'm a Bali girl.

Just took another look. The Genie bra kind of looks like a glorified sports bra, of which I have many. And I'm thinking that I wouldn't like those gathers in the middle. Will be looking forward to hear how they work out for those of you who ordered them.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 12:59 PM

Didn't see any gathers in the middle, Cross. But if and when
I receive an order, I'll let you know if they're what I'm hoping for! Ciao for now, Prayers and blessings!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 01:05 PM

if you look at the pic on the main page of the website, there are gathers (at least, they look like gathers to me) little wrinkles along the seam where the cups sre sewn to the middle front of the bra. I've had some sports bras that had that, and I didn't like it. It's so hot here in Florida so much of the year, and if I wear thin t-shirts or whatever and if it's the slightest bit clingy any little wrinkle like that shows and I don't like it. I'll be looking forward to hearing that you got your order soon (I sure hope so!) and how they work out. I'm assuming if for some reason you don't like them, you can ship them back??

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/08/11 01:07 PM

http://www.geniebra.com/index.php

The brunette in the nude color bra -- I see gathers in the middle, that's what I'm talking about.

Why does finding the right bra have to be as hard as finding the right bathing suit or the perfect purse??!!??

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/09/11 01:22 PM

Cross,
Okay, I see what you're talking about. Hadn't noticed that before. But I'll tell ya, if these bras are comfortable, I'll be
as happy as the biggest fish in a small pond. Bras are probably
designed by men, LOL, who haven't any idea how painful the wrong design can be. Just kidding. I don't know why somethings are a huge pain. It's probably Satan's way of annoying folks...lol, again!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/20/11 06:23 PM

I still don't have these things. Hope they get here before I'm too old to care!!! LOL...

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/23/11 01:44 PM

Sundays are when I see the commercials for these genie bras.
Sure hope they live up to the hype and sure hope I get them
soon. It'll be 2 months this Saturday that I started this
quest!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/23/11 05:53 PM

Hey, I actually had control of the remote control last night because my husband is out of town, and I was flipping channels when I came across the commercial. Ok, I was tempted, but I don't usually purchase anything from TV so I decided to wait and see how you like them (if you ever get them??) Is it just that they are selling so many they can't keep up, maybe? anyway. Back to the gathers we were talking about..........I didn't see any gathering on the bras on the real women modeling the bras but how come almost every one of them (for the few minutes I watched, anyway) was a DD?? I come nowhere near that!! Anyway, just thought I'd mention here that I did see the commercial last night, and I have to admit that if you didn't have to order these from TV, if I could find them in a store, I know I'd buy them and try them. But I hate ordering things and then having to send them back if they don't fit. I don't do much catalog shopping, either. I need to try everything on........and when it comes to my bras, I know what size I wear in Bali or Victoria's secret or whatever but with these being sized like shirt sizes.........hmmmmm I don't know. Because sometimes I wear a Medium and sometimes I wear a Large and sometimes even and XL depending on style of shirt and where it's made (and I'm basically a size 10 so if I need an XL -- it always makes me wonder!!) Anyway.....I'm hoping to hear you've rec'd them soon and can give us your opinion!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/23/11 08:25 PM

Hi Cross!
The size thing is what attracted me to them. I was sized by an
expert and still haven't found comfort. When I tried the size she suggested they hurt. I bought the next size but even that wasn't comfortable. With only three sizes to choose from, instead of an unlimited amount, perhaps I might be able to get a correct fit. Here's hoping! I'll let ya know, if I ever get 'em!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/27/11 06:03 PM

Just checked status of this 2nd order. If all goes well, should
have it by June 20th.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/27/11 06:40 PM

Keep us posted. I really need to get myself some new bras.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 05/27/11 09:36 PM

Don't worry. I will! I'm praying these are the answer to my
uncomfortable bra problem. I even hate to put one on, these days. Don't ware 'em at home, but don't feel right not wearing one out in the public! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed these genie bras are as good as they look on TV!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/13/11 06:40 PM

Anne, Chatty, and anyone interested...
Hallelujah! My Genie Bras arrived today!!! I'm wearing one now. They have pouches to slip [in or out] the support pads that come with them. Not accustomed to wearing a bra very often. The only one I had left, before I got these, was beginning to annoy me. I'll wear this awhile and then let you know. It feels better after removing the pads.

Crown,
Minus pads, middle gatherings are nonexistent. I think these
bras are gonna be fine, I just need to get used to wearing one again. There are no snaps or wires to be poking at you. And it's my understanding that the garments conform to your body. Thus far, and it's only been minutes, I like it. I'll try 'em a day or two and let you know then. The company sends return info,
just in case items don't meet customer's expectations.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/13/11 06:47 PM

Time will tell but I'm thinking it'd be wise to order the
next size larger. At least, at first, it seems to be running
small. I generally take a (M) and that's what I ordered; but I'm
2nd guessing myself. Anyone thinking of placing an order, give me a few days to test this out. I'll let you know what I conclude. It could be that I'm just not used to wearing a bra or it could be that sizing runs small. If it does indeed conform to your body, then that's the answer. We'll see!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/13/11 06:58 PM

thanks for the update, Jabber! I am delighted to hear the bras finally arrived.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/13/11 08:52 PM

Oh good jabber your bras arrived and hopefully mine won't be far behind.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/14/11 06:45 PM

Hi ladies,
Yes. Got my bras yesterday. The one I tried wearing was a bit
snug at first. And I was afraid perhaps I'd goofed in ordering these. But when I put it on this morning, it felt fine. I'm thinking it takes a few uses before it conforms to a person's shape. Today I forgot I was wearing a bar. Been thinking of ordering either the lace or print design. Thought perhaps I'd go the next size up, but now I'm NOT sure that'll be necessary.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/14/11 08:45 PM

jabber, I'm so glad they finally came! I hope they last for you through lots of washings. I've seen comments that they don't hold up very well, so I'm really interested in whether you think they're worth buying.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/15/11 01:23 PM

yonuh, I'll let you know; my main concern is fit. But I think they do conform to a person's form. I'm really considering buying the Wish Lace and Wild Prints, because I like fancy
undies, but comfort is of upmost importance. Anything under $20.00 seems like a good price. Even with shipping these average out to $15.00 each. Plus I don't wear them everyday, just when I leave the house to go shopping, geocaching, or to a restaurant. So IMHO they ought to last the rest of life. LOL...however long that may be!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/21/11 02:11 PM

Anne,
I can't make up my mind about these bras. I've only worn the
2 black ones; haven't tried the other colors yet. It's warm and muggy here and I don't feel like being confined; currently only covering with a beach dress. Like I said before, I think, the 1st time they bug me a little, but the 2nd time they seem fine.
Let's see what Chatty thinks when she gets hers. I'm keeping mine. But am going to order the next size up, when I send for
the prints and lace.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/21/11 07:00 PM

Hi Jabber,

I know what you mean about not wanting to feel confined when it is hot and muggy.

I actually bought a couple of "bras" at the store the other day as they were cheap and seemed worth a try. They are from Hanes, and called "the bandini." They come in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL... Supposedly, according to the package, these bras feature "comfort flex fit" and their "smart sizes shape to fit you."

These things pull on over the head -- no hooks or anything -- and they have an X-back. According to the pictures on the label, they can be worn strapless, or with one or the other strap up...

I would show you what they look like, but their web page seems to be missing a pic: Hanes Comfort Flex Bra

Anyway, even with the air conditioning running, it seems like a lot of work to "climb into" one of these things, due to their tight-fitting pull on nature. So I got a black one and a white one, and I, too, have only worn the black.

It was quite comfortable once I got it on, though the level of support was probably pretty minimal...

My next challenge is my niece's wedding in August. I've bought a nice, soft V-necked dress from Coldwater Creek, but I don't think this bra is going to be something I want to bother with in the steamy heat of August. So I am still on the hunt for a comfortable and supportive bra that might also be considered pretty...

(post changed to correct typos)

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/21/11 08:46 PM

The only complaint I have about the 'sports bra' type styles is that I end up with a 'uniboob'; no definition at all. I'm not particularly fond of that look!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/21/11 09:09 PM

Yeah, I agree. I'd say this thing does keep you from "bouncing" but not much else...

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/21/11 09:55 PM

I am having decent luck with bras I ordered through Kohl's online. They are wirefree and made by Vanity Fair. They do give some support and are attractive. I just hate wearing a bra at all.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/22/11 12:35 AM

I had to buy all new bras because my size changed after my left breast implant blew a flat (LOL--that's an entirely different story) and I had both implants removed and boobs lifted. I went from a 36C to a 38B, a hard size to find.

I like Vera Wangs' bras at Kohls but most are underwire, something I'm not a big fan of. I'm thinking of trying Spanx.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/22/11 02:13 PM

Anne,
I like the idea of having a choice of straps, since some new styles have one shoulder bear. These genie bras are comfortable after the 1st or 2nd wearing but it does take a bit of doing to get into them. That Hanes Comfort Flex you mentioned looks similar to the genie. I actually look for tops with built-in bras for the summer. Good luck with that August wedding; Coldwater Creek has nice garments.

yonuh,
Next time I'm in Kolh's I'll check out Vanity Fair.

Diane,
I'll size up Vera Wangs' bars too,[pun intented]; I used to wear Maidenform underwire but can't seem to find them lately.

All I want is comfort. Sizes are really crazy nowadays!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/22/11 02:44 PM

I couldn't find my size in any stores so had to order online.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/22/11 03:27 PM

Jabber, Kohls has Maidenform!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/23/11 01:38 PM

Diane,
Thanks. I'll check it out. Don't go to Kohl's that often, but
will see what bras they're stocking.

yonuh,
See that's my problem. I'm NOT sure what size I take, even after being measured by a JC Penny expert. I took her word for it; bought several, but they were uncomfortable after wearing
for any length of time. I've tried a number of sizes but still
am not happy with recent purchases.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/23/11 03:00 PM

jabber, the problem is that bra sizes aren't consistent. Different styles and different manufacturers have sizes that may be off from what your size actually is. I have to try on a bra then sit, stand, bend, stretch, etc. to make sure it's going to stay in place and be comfortable. Even then, there's no guarantee that it will feel as comfortable at the end of the day as it does when you first put it on. As I said before, I hate wearing bras!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 06/24/11 01:43 PM

yonuh,
I agree: I hate wearing bras. But if I go out in public, I don't feel comfortable without wearing the darn thing. So I like to have a few on hand when shopping, eating out, and on vacation. We go to concerts, too. So I really need to have a supply for the times we do go socializing. But I haven't found any I really like in a long, long time. I guess these genie bras are okay, just have to get used to them. Everything you said in your most recent post, I certainly agree with. Thanks for the input!!!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 07/20/11 10:27 PM

Dianne,
Thank you for the info about Kohls selling Maidenform. I stopped, making the discovery that Maidenform has a new product. The "Extra Coverage Bra" is comfortable and nicely fabricated. Appreciate the tip!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 07/21/11 01:33 PM

I wonder if Chatty ever got her Genie Bras? I'd be interested to
hear her opinion of them!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/03/11 03:14 PM

Chatty...
Did you ever receive your Genie Bra order? If so, what's your
opinion about 'em?
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/04/11 06:41 AM

Jabber, since you hate wearing bras, then you might get a kick out of this video about undergarments in the Victorian era:
Victorian Era Undergarments

Our bras aren't so bad!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/04/11 01:48 PM

Sandy N.
That vintage underwear is something. I'm very grateful I don't live in that era. It's not that I hate bras, I'm just looking for comfort. I've been unable to buy bras I can wear for long period of times. Some of the reason is since I'm not working, I don't wear one around home. Then finding comfort when I need to don one in public is difficult. I'm not happy with the look of some and the feel of others. I did find a few at Kohl's I like reasonably well. Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed that!

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/04/11 06:13 PM

Yes, we have come a long way from having to wear all those clothes! I can't imagine!! I understand that wearing those cinched-in corsets damaged internal organs, which is part of the reason so many women fainted at the drop of a hat and died in childbirth back then.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/04/11 08:37 PM

Oh wow Yonuh, I can't even imagine wearing those old time garments. I have always looked for comfort in clothing which is not always easy to find.

Re: Genie Bras.. - 08/04/11 11:14 PM

Chatty,
Did you ever get that Genie Bra order?