Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!!

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/05/10 04:47 PM

Okay ladies, you asked for it! Dr. Dolphin completed the scientific experiment: Can you really open a wine bottle without a corkscrew, using a shoe???

I had assistance from my sons Sean (videographer) and Ryan (shoe donater) and from my husband ("hit it harder on the corner"). This video was taken July 4 at my son's house; the jets you hear flying over were on their way to a special Independence Day event.

Check it out and let me know what you think!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYYbqaxORA
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/05/10 04:54 PM

That was hilarious and I'm so glad I didn't try it. So NOW we know. Use your teeth. Hey DD, could you show us how to open it with your teeth? Ahhh, come on!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/05/10 05:29 PM

Thanks, Doctor Dolphin.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/05/10 05:29 PM

This shall go down in history as the whining wall phenomenon. A round of applause for Dr. Dolphin and your handsome assistants.

Yeah, yeah yeah!!!!

I heard if you take a dozen packed eggs, and slam them against the wall…they won’t break.

I love your hair, Dr. Dolphin. You could use the egg yoke for shampoo….That was a yoke…ah joke…Dr. Dolphin? Are you turning the computer off? No no….jeez.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/05/10 07:21 PM

Very entertaining...it would never have occurred to me to even try to open a bottle of wine with a shoe. I know it's impossible to buy corkscrews and/or bottle openers where we go in Cuba, so it would have been real handy if this had worked.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/06/10 02:40 AM

Funny video!

Maybe if you already finished the first bottle, this would be a good idea to help you sober up between quaffs.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/07/10 02:19 PM

Okay doctor DD and the engineer! Sorry it didn't open but it was a fun video to watch. Nice seeing hubby and son! Enjoyed!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/08/10 03:07 AM

That was fun! Thanks for trying, and sharing your experience via the video. I hope you found a corkscrew so you could finally enjoy the wine!

Anne

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/08/10 12:17 PM

There must be a trick to that idea of putting wine in a shoe and
banging on a wall. It's magic!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/08/10 01:25 PM

Hi everyone, Dr. Dolphin here. Thanks for checking out the video - we had fun making it.

I think that the issue is with the "cork". The cork in the bottle we used wasnt' really cork, more of a compressed styrafoam type of material. I'm wondering if it needs to be real cork to be able to slip loose and come out.

We're going to a family reunion at the end of this month. Maybe we'll have a "wine bottle opening" competition! Sounds more fun to me than a watermelon seed spitting contest.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/08/10 01:32 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/08/10 06:58 PM

I think those seed spitting contests are gross!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/10/10 01:18 PM

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing you and your handsome boys. Who cares if the experiment didn't work. We got to see your family in action. Woohoo!

Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! - 07/10/10 08:02 PM

I agree!