Coming in April BWW: Best-ever Asiago Bagels

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Coming in April BWW: Best-ever Asiago Bagels - 04/16/12 06:56 PM

I tested a recipe over the weekend for 'made from scratch' Asiago Bagels. The recipe for them will be appearing in the April issue of Boomer Women's World, which ought to be showing up in subscribers email boxes in a day or so. (I've assembled all the content, now it's in the hands of my VA, Tracey, who will pull it together and publish it.)

Asiago bagels from Panera Bread have always been a family favorite, but sadly, since we moved to Galena almost 7 years ago now, we no longer have a local bagel outlet. (Oh sure, I can buy bagels at the grocery store, and I do. But they are not quite the same as buying bagels that are still warm, bringing them home and knowing that you're serving FRESH bagel love...)

Anyway, I recently saw that one of my favorite food bloggers, "Brown Eyed Baker," had done a post on making them back in 2010; so my curiosity was piqued, and I tried out the recipe last night. Having baked them this morning, I can tell you that I totally agree with her assessment, which included this comment:

Quote:
Having now eaten them, fantastic doesn’t even begin to describe the deliciousness that awaits you with this recipe. From the crusty, melted cheese on the outside of the bagel to the magnificent cheesy bubbles floating throughout the inside, if you make these I guarantee you will never be tempted to go to Panera or Bruegger’s again.

Look for the recipe and give it a try. It's a bit time consuming, I'll admit - mostly because the recipe suggests you chill the formed bagels overnight - but there's nothing really difficult about making them. And once you eat one, I promise, you will want to make them again!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Coming in April BWW: Best-ever Asiago Bagels - 04/21/12 08:45 PM

The newsletter is taking longer to get formatted than I had anticipated. Please be patient, I know I am trying to be. Meanwhile, my Asiago Bagels are gone, and I am thinking of making another batch... LOL