Olive Garden Recipes Available

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Olive Garden Recipes Available - 04/17/12 09:16 PM

I just discovered that the Olive Garden Italian Restaurant website contains recipes for many of their menu items. Everything from apps to desserts!

So if you've ever wondered exactly what's in a favorite entree for allergy reasons, how to recreate it at home, or whether you could finally get an accurate calorie count for a meal - now you can!

Here's a link to the recipes section.

By the way, aren't all restaurants supposed to be providing calorie counts for their menu items soon? I thought there was a law passed about that in the last year or so.... Anyone have any news on that?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Olive Garden Recipes Available - 04/21/12 08:37 PM

Quote:
By the way, aren't all restaurants supposed to be providing calorie counts for their menu items soon? I thought there was a law passed about that in the last year or so.... Anyone have any news on that?

No one has replied to this post, so I did a bit of research on my own... Apparently, there ARE some parts of the country where restaurants are already posting calorie counts on menus

And this article, which is almost a year old, seems to indicate no one cares.

Hmmm. I think it would be helpful for me. Are there any readers here from the areas where the counts ARE posted who have thoughts to share? I'd love to hear 'em.