New tune for Songbird!

Posted by: Songbird

New tune for Songbird! - 06/01/11 06:24 PM

I am extremely happy to announce that this songbird will soon have a new tune to sing. God willing, I will officially become a grandma by the end of September. You can imagine... I am delighted and praying for this baby girl. Yes, my first grandchild will be a baby girl! I just had to share the news!!!
grin
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/01/11 08:04 PM

That's so exciting, Songbird! Thanks for sharing your news. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in the coming months, as you prepare yourself to be a Grandma!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/01/11 08:39 PM

Congrats Songbird! That is so exciting!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/04/11 12:33 AM

Little girls are so pretty in pink from their bedrooms to their outfits. Congraqtulations Songbird!
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/04/11 03:41 AM

Congratulations, Songbird! I share your joy. My first grandchild arrived in April -- a girl! I made the purple and green quilt pictured to the left for her. We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes.
Posted by: jabber

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/04/11 03:42 PM

Congratulations Songbird. Being a grandma is truly precious; what an exciting event for you!!!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 05:48 PM

Thanks, ladies. I am truly delighted and praying that i can crochet something cute for the little one. I used to crochet such darling sets for babies when mine were infants and toddlers... and my son is hoping I can do the same for his child. I must confess I have not crocheted for years now, busy with writing, speaking, singing (not to mention my CTS).

I am definitely needing to work on a song for the little one too!!

Sandy, your quilt is beautiful! I don't even have a sewing machine anymore. But I used to enjoy sewing years ago, when I did have one.
Let's see what the Lord will have me do.
My friends have a "Welcome to the club" greeting when they learn of the news!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 06:07 PM

I don't think we ever forget how to crochet, Songbird! If that's what you decide to do, it will be like you never stopped.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 06:09 PM

Songbird,

Your joy is contagious, thanks for sharing your good news with us. I LOVE the idea of a song for the baby.

I always sang made-up songs for my kids, and I sang them with gusto, even though I'm not too great at carrying a tune. I figured they wouldn't complain, and they didn't. At least not until they were teens. And then of course, we went through that inevitable period when nothing I did was right.

Anyway, I still remember the special song I made up for my son. It was sung to the tune of "Guinevere" from Camelot. The refrain went, "Zachary, Zachary, To the rescue, Zachary..." I sang it whenever he needed calming or to have his fears eased. I found it really was effective.

Though not something I had ever been taught in any of my collegiate child development classes. LOL!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 06:21 PM

Great experience, Anne. We don't turn "Grandparents" for no reason. The experience in life has taught us many lessons others are still trying to figure out and are not ready to grasp!

It must be a challenge to be a grandparent, but one I will face cheerfully!

I am already collecting (in my mind) those Bible songs I used to sing to my little ones! Songs I learned as a child that have definitely impacted my relationship with my Creator. Simple words with profound impact til this day!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 06:23 PM

You're right, Yonuh. I'm not concerned about forgetting but with my carpal tunnel syndrome (my hand hurts) it will be a challenge!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 08:26 PM

I hear you, Songbird. My mom had that and ended up giving up knitting, which she loved. Then she had surgery on both hands and that fixed it. I don't have CTS, but I do have bad thumb joints, which makes it hard to do almost everything.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/07/11 09:54 PM

Bad thumb joints. I wonder if that is what is developing in my left hand? lately I have had discomfort in the lower joint of the thumb, but it doesn't keep me from doing anything... Just hurts when I do it.

I haven't called the doctor, just started thinking that maybe I need to start drinking Elations.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/10/11 05:57 PM

If don't drink Elations on a regular basis, I notice the difference. There are days we're not home at noontime, and I forget to drink Elations. The next day I'm hurting and quickly remember, I forgot!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/10/11 06:54 PM

Well that's a great testimonial for Elations, Jabber. How long do you think it took, initially, before you started seeing benefits from Elations? I ask because in the past I have drunk a box of the stuff, not seen any effect, and slacked off. (I bought the dry mix packets that have to be mixed with water, and I seem to recall you drink the bottles.)

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/10/11 07:17 PM

I was going to try Elations but then saw the ingredients. I can't tolerate sucralose (Splenda) or the dyes, so I guess I'll try something else.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/10/11 10:18 PM

Well, I drink the liquid; it's true. One-a-day, in this area of the country, cost's about $1.16 per 8 oz. bottle. That's less than a bottle of water and much less that Glucosamine, Chondroitin pills with the same amount of medicine. And if, like yonuh, you can't tolerate the ingredients it isn't gonna help. I have arthritis to the maximum power; think it took six months or so before I felt the benefits. It helped Dancing Dolphin's knee within days. I suppose it depends on the degree of hurt you're dealing with. But I'd rather take this than go to a doctor. I stay away from doctors. Before I tried this drink, I took the pills. But they're super expensive.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/13/11 07:29 PM

I also need to start planning a Baby shower! Lots of fun! Much to do so I better start now!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/15/11 01:37 PM

Baby showers are a hoot. Good luck! Have a wonderful time!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/15/11 10:11 PM

Enjoy planning the baby shower. There are loads of good resources online for party themes and games... Here's one: Baby Shower Stuff

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 06/16/11 01:14 PM

Anne,
This is good to know. Groovy's daughter is expecting in mid
August and I'll tell her about this [Baby Shower Stuff] website.

Again, have a blast there Songbird!!!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 08/29/11 09:56 PM

I wanted a Precious Moments theme baby shower but had trouble finding figurines and all the necessary items, not to mention the price of each one. But I created the party favors, the centerpieces, the banner, the invitations... and still had a precious moments baby shower my friends loved! And so did my DIL.
I am thankful to God for the ideas he gave me. It took a while to put it all together but it was worth it!

I did buy her the crib set(comforter, fitted, etc) and receiving blankets. Plus I did my first ever Diaper Cake (Precious Moments, of course!). It was so much fun, although it was a real challenge, for I designed it to be a square (to go along with the centerpiece PM blocks I designed. I've also started a crochet blanket which still requires many hours. ( I have to do a little each time. We still have about a month for the due date so I pray I can get it done on time. Thanks for the link, Anne. Many good ideas there!
We played three games I had never seen before and my guests had a great time!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 09/02/11 05:10 PM

Thanks, Jabber. How is Groovy's daughter?

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 09/03/11 01:56 PM

Hi Songbird,
Groovy's daughter had a baby boy. He is absolutely the cutest
little guy in the world! A diaper cake? How cool is that!!!!
Posted by: gims

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 10/15/11 11:42 PM

You make me feel so old. I have a granddaughter graduating HS this year, then one the year after. Counting these two, all of mine are already out of grade school. Congrats, on the new babies.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 01/15/12 03:50 AM

Thanks Gims and Jabber. Our little bundle of joy arrived October 1st. She is just darling! It's a whole new experience of LOVE! Love at first sight!!! I am currently babysitting 3 days a wk and love her company... It helps me change activities, as I am busy as can be with ministry.

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 01/15/12 01:32 PM

Babysitting grandbaby is a type of ministry too. Blessings and prayers with both!!!

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 01/16/12 08:31 PM

Glad all is going well, Songbird!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 03/09/12 10:35 PM

Songbird I bet the granddaughter is getting big and more active and fun. Hope all's well with you both!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: New tune for Songbird! - 03/10/12 04:55 AM

You are BLESSED indeed! And to get to spend so much time with a grandprecious must be wonderful.